1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Testosterone levels and trap shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 20, 2013.

1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Wonder if low testosterone levels effect your trap shooting? I have a hunch it does.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes it can, and it affects a bunch of other stuff too. I started taking it about a year and a half ago, and it changed everything in about two weeks. I haven't been able to shoot much, but it sure could'nt hurt if you have low t. Charlie

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Relax, you still have way more testosterone than Nora Ross or Kim Rhode ever did.

-Gary

PS: Bigger boobs too, but that's a whole other issue :p

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Must be my problem....#$@$@$@$@!!LOl.....actually, mine is fine....just that between my back and bank account, no room for trapshooting now...

Ron Burr

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gary, u are wrong, dude...

6. Ammo222

Ammo222 Member

Low testosterone can have a very serious effect on your health and on your shooting. I had testicular cancer and underwent massive chemotherapy and despite beating the cancer, I was very very tired for several years. It got worse and finally a doctor thought it might be low testosterone. I started receiving monthly Testosterone injections and within 6 months felt normal. Until they diagnosed it, I lacked the energy to function in many ways and if I miss a few scheduled shots, I can feel a difference in my energy level.

Low testosterone is often misdiagnosed as being part of getting old, "tired" blood, etc. but one symptom is a general feeling of depression. If your doctor can't seem to figure out why you seem constantly tired, discuss this with him. It's not easy to diagnose and many doctors tend to give a "quick fix" diagnosis because they suspect it is nothing really serious. I had to "push" my doctor to arrange testosterone test. You may have to do the same. Good Luck

7. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

So is there a simple blood test for low T? Expensive?
    dju

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Yes, it is a simple test of the blood, no fasting. If it comes back abnormal / low then there is a more intense blood test and you will need to fast for that one.

9. CharlieAMA

The blood test is simple, no fasting, but I think you should fast for every blood test. My wife worked in a lab, and that is what she says. I just had one test, ordered by my urologist.

Gary- I'm still braless. LOL.

10. Thee Craig

Thee Craig Member

is that why my gf is shooting as well as me right now? i think she has most of mine. but in all seriousness a major chemical imbalance doesn't effect your ability to see a target or pull the trigger; however it lessens your ability to give a damn, compete, concentrate, or even just stand there as 125 birds are thrown for your squad.

11. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Really, major chemical imbalance doesn't effect your ability to see a target or pull the trigger?
    What endocrinologist are you quoting?
    Glucose, thyroid, testosterone and many other hormones have multiple effects on performance.
    The now common term low T is real in its effects. Docs in the past would draw a T or free T level and say it was normal--"for your age". If you bump your levels up to what they were when you were 30 you will feel a dramatic difference.
    HGH is even better but good luck finding someone to prescribe it.

12. Bill T

Bill T Active Member

My Urologist told me to NEVER take testosterone! In his opinion it is one of the leading causes of prostrate cancer in men today.

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bill T might be on to something.

I tested out for low testosterone, but the test also came back with a high PSA number.

As it turned out, I had prostate cancer.

That was 3-4 years ago. My doctor told me that if I wanted to get testosterone shots to find myself another doctor, as he would be worried that it may crank up some more cancer for me.

After reading all about it, I decided to go along with his decision not to give me the shots.

Hauxfan!

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bill T and Haux, my Dr told me the same thing, I am sure I have low T and asked him about it, I had prostate cancer about 20 years ago when I was 41 and they took it out, I asked if I could get a testosterone shot and he said not no but hell no, it would be like throwing gas on a fire with the cancer even though I have had good reports on my PSA since 2002

He even went on to say that I could probably find a doctor that would give it to me but if I did they should put that doctor in jail for risking my life

I do trust this doctor

15. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

Hey guys, please note that the original "study" concerning testosterone and prostate cancer consisted of 3 men with advanced metastatic prostate cancer. Yep, 3.

TRT will not give you prostate cancer and no one is really sure if it can accelerate existing prostate cancer. That is what they are still testing.

However, like any medical condition that effects you, do some study on your own so that you can at least understand the issues.

16. CharlieAMA

Testosterone can elevate your PSA count, but does not actually cause prostate cancer is what my Doctor told me. I just had my yearly PSA done and all of that BS, and mine level was fine. So, I'll keep taking it. A friend of mine, who urged me to have mine checked, has been taking tetosterone for about 7 years, and he told me at the state shoot that his prostate was good, after a recent checkup.
    I trust my urologist, as I have been going to him since 1981, when I had my first kidney stone.

17. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Old school Docs going by one questionable study done years ago. Most recent publications dont show any correlation between cancer and testerone.
    I remember when they used to casterate men when they had prostate ca.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I wanted to take it but I m pretty gun shy, it sucked being told you have cancer once, then when it came back they had me do a $14,500 test and it came back positive and the oncologist told me I had terminal cancer

So for two weeks I thought I was a dead man only to find out when my urologist came back off vacation that the $14,500 is wrong 40% of the time

Only the medical industry can get by selling such a defective test

19. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Question: A lot of Men start cross-firing when they hit 50-60-70.

What are the things in our bodies that decrease significantly as we age??

Could there be any correlation??

20. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

As long as the doses are monitored and regular blood tests (including a PSA) are performed, there should be little risk in taking testosterone. Certainly if one has/had prostate cancer or elevated PSA, testosterone may not be viable.

I know several people that take testosterone- some use cream & some use injections. All had suffered fatigue, hair loss, diminished libido, and to some degree of ED. All have benefitted from it with no ill effects, but they do monitor through quarterly blood tests.

JMHO

Jim C

Search tags for this page

kim rhode nora ross

who is better nora ross or kim rhode