1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Test your eyes and brain.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BuckGuru, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink.

However if you stare at the black ' +' in the centre, the moving dot turns to green.

Now, concentrate on the black ' + ' in the center of the picture. After a short period, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see only a single green dot rotating.

It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

And now, we have a brand new excuse for missing!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I'm color blind, every thing stayed the same. HMB

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I don't see a rotating pink dot, I see a green dot rotating over the pink ones.

Gne J

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Gne,

Try and follow the green rotating dot with your eyes. For me the green dot did disappeared.

I never saw the dots turn green. I did see pink dots with a green haze on the outside of the ring before the pink dots disappeared and reappeared.

Buck Guru, Interesting illusion, thanks for sharing.

Jason

5. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

excellent exercise on the 'soft focus' technique.

How many times can you see the solo green dot around without the pink reappearing?

so far I have only been able to hold 'soft focus' for two laps around. Jeff K.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Now , WHY IS THAT?

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's more an eye effect than a brain effect and is caused by the "bleaching" - or perhaps better "fatigue" - of the receptors responsible for the pink leaving the others, the ones which end up reporting "green" unaffected. When the blank spot comes around, the green shows up as a negative afterimage superimposed on the grey background.

Neil

8. nicky

nicky Member

Stop it guy's, I have to shoot tomarrow !. That sure is interesting on how we see things in the brain. Puts some insite on why some days you just can't seam to hit anything while doing things all the same. Show's how movement , background, light, and brian power all have to come together.

Kevin

9. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Ok so please tell me what is wrong if the pink never goes away. I actually see 2 shades of the pink. Dark in the middle and lighter on the outside and then see a green ring around the whole circle. I knew I was screwed up! LOL. Don

10. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

bump for a chuckle!!!

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thanks, for the next 10 minutes all I saw was this.

AJ100

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I actually saw the GREEN dots between the pink ones when it is rotating, and when I looked off to any corner the GREEN dots were still rotating,Did you notice the Pink dot at 3:00 oclock only had a wege of Green, only on the upper inner part of the circle? The 12:00 Oclock one is on the outer left hand side .

Did anyone else notice?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

AJ100

Stare at that green circle intently for about 30 or 40 seconds, then shift your gaze to the white part of the screen. Walla, pink circle! At least for me. Same principle as the rotating dots, which Neil correctly attributed to the receptors for different colors being subject to fatique, making you see their opposite color for a while.

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

For me it starts out pink then a green dot rotating CW, then it turns green and then then all the dots disappear except for one green dot rotating around.

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Good one Buck, I didn't go the entire 40 seconds though. After about 25 I looked right and saw one BIG pink dot.

I think we have all found a better excuse when we miss a target. "Damn green and pink spots got me."

AJ100

16. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

AJ100

Stare at that green circle intently for about 30 or 40 seconds, then shift your gaze to the white part of the screen. Walla, pink circle! At least for me. Same principle as the rotating dots, which Neil correctly attributed to the receptors for different colors being subject to fatique, making you see their opposite color for a while.

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

For me it starts out pink then a green dot rotating CW, then it turns green and then then all the dots disappear except for one green dot rotating around.

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Good one Buck, I didn't go the entire 40 seconds though. After about 25 I looked right and saw one BIG pink dot.

I think we have all found a better excuse when we miss a target. "Damn green and pink spots got me."

AJ100

19. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Ok,how many seen that sweet thing with nothing on?

Was she Blond,brunett,or red head.

Bo

20. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ok. Now that I've looked at this for a moment I saw a new aspect to this. Soft focus with one eye in the center on the +. Then watch the pink dots disappear entirely and a single green dot is just going in a circle.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.