1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

test pic Model 50 trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by nanuk, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

[​IMG]

My god--this is so simple,even I can do it---thanks David

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

New Simms wood

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good looking 50 guy!! Looks a lot like mine too!

Alf-99 good looking stock too! Hap

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hey, Hap....have you ever seen a 50 with a straight trap stock?
    Ken Rucker

5. Hap MecTweaks

0   0   0

Hi Ken!! No, I can't say I have but no doubt there's a few around. During that time, you could special order almost any combination on a new gun.

You have one?? If so lemme see it!!!!

Those old guns are still the softest shooters I have ever used! One of those with a specially made sliding comb BUMP-BUSTER added to the stock would be a dream to shoot!! Probably feel more like shooting quail with a 28 ga.? Hap

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Did they make a model 50 with a 32" barrel?

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hap, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's too straight to be a field stock and it has a 30" donut post rib full(.041)!!! choke barrel. I sent the wood to Molly at Wright's to be be stripped and refinished. The original bluing is 100%. I doubt that it has shot a flat of shell in it's life. It is a thing of beauty and a joy to shoot. I'll see if I can get a picture on here.

Ken

8. model50lover

model50lover TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Ruck I have a straight stock trap model 50 also! same donut post rib full choke. Gun was Bought new by my Grand Pop along with 2 20ga model 50's for dove
    hunting. he then bought a model 59 for the long days of quail and chucker hunting!
    That model 59 is the best carrying field ever made! All of these great old Winchester's still going Strong! DO you think you could put a sliding B.B. on a
    Model 50? I'll get them out of safe and take a few photo's so you can check them out!

Brent

9. model50lover

model50lover TS Member

0   0   0

Bad 303 never seen a 32 " on a model 50 or read any info on one!

Brent

10. Hap MecTweaks

0   0   0

Brent, I hope you are keeping the 50s and 59 timed properly if your shooting them much? If not kept timed properly, the receivers will crack, both steel and alloyed aluminum!!

I'd think to add a sliding comb BB to a 50s stock, you'd hafta make a new higher comb stock to have room??

I'd love to see pictures of your guns too!!

Hap

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sorry guys, but the Bump-Buster won't fit in these guns. Also, I no longer do the sliding comb model....due to the super short stroke of the BB, the slider is of no benefit. My new Auto-Buster will work, if you have a long enough lop. I measured the drop on my 50 in question today, and it is not a straight trap. No worry tho.....I have a brand new, never on a gun, Model 50 factory M/C Trap stock on the shelf!! I also have a mint 59, a 50 FW, and 2 other Model 50 std wt. field guns.
    Ken

12. model50lover

model50lover TS Member

0   0   0

Hap,yes I have installed new wolf springs and currently working on the trap 50!
    I have talked to several folks about the timing! mike a.k.a perazzibigbore has given great info on the model 50 and he is very fond of the old Gal's. Iwill be working at the club sunday, but will try and get you some photo's monday! Ruck what serial # on the 59 you have! mine is early 4XXX no choke tubes. Have you guy's seen the proto-type 410 model 50 in Wyoming! BOY WOULD I LOVE to HAVE that
    GUN!

Brent

13. Hap MecTweaks

0   0   0

Thanks Brent!!

I drooled a couple days at Cody,WY looking at all those beauties!! Mouth watering is an understatement!!

My 59 is 26 inch barrel with screw in choke tubes, my all time favorite bird hunting gun!!

Hap