1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Test Pattering Sporsman 1100 12g

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NewTrap, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewTrap

NewTrap TS Member

I have a Remington sportsman 12g an have not had time to test it.. I was wondering if anyone might have one and has tested it out.. 60/40? 50/50 maybe? Thank for your time Don

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The patterning results for one person may not be what another person gets.

Since you said Sportsman, you probably have a field buttstock?

And I'll assume a 26" or 28" barrel with a low vent rib?

Most people find these are very flat shooting, typically 50/50 or worst case even 40/60. Typically by adding a trap style buttstock you can get a 60/40 pattern. To get a pattern that's higher you'd probably need an adjustable comb.

If you're going to shoot this gun for sporting clays and especially for trap, you might want to purchase a monte carlo stock for it.

Right now, you're in luck, because Remington is closing out their 1187 monte carlo walnut slug gun stock for $39. Yes, these will fit an 1100. And the contour is very close to the factory monte carlo trap stock. The wood, though walnut, is plain. It has cut checkering. I bought a couple of these at their regular price of $98 and fitted them to field guns. They work well for trap.

[​IMG]

Smokin' deal on a Rem monte carlo stock here

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hey Brian,

I got one of those stocks when they were $59. I thought it was a great deal at the time. I have another on the way for $39, since there are a few 1100's around here that could use one. Thanks for the heads up!

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Thanks Brian for the heads_up. Do es one just go to the Rem website to order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.