1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Jordon Wall Chart and Lasershot ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by HarryK, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryK

HarryK TS Member

Last night I stumbled on the Lasershot website and wondered if anyone was using one or had tried one with the wall chart. The Lasershot is basicly a laser bore-sighter with a wire coming off and a trigger switch at the end. The switch is attached to the trigger and a red dot would appear on the chart when the trigger is pulled. Web site for the Lasershot is www.shotguncombogauge.com.
    Any thoughts on whether or/not this would work?

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

YES, it would! I use a Terry Jordan chart daily, and sometimes I cannot tell where I actually pull the trigger when I move quickly. I believe the Lasershot would be of great help with this, not to mention it's other use of helping to fit your gun. Pretty decent price as well!

AndyH

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Just ordered one! Will report on how it works in about one week.

AndyH

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

UPDATE! Received my Lasershot and have been testing it in all my guns. Other than having a funky curled aluminum strip for your trigger finger, this unit works as advertised. Now it is MUCH easier to see just where you are "pulling" the trigger on the TJ wall chart! There is also a lot of useful information on gun fitting, and gun mount practicing as well. This unit also helped me find a "bad" (misaligned) choke tube! A little "pricey" but a very useful tool in solving fitting, mounting, pointing and timing issues.

AndyH

5. stockmaker57

stockmaker57 Member

Gentlemen, I bought an Arrow Lasershot a couple of years ago thinking I could use it to fit clients in my shop. When I first put it in my K-80, I was shocked to see how high it was on the target chart on my wall. I knew that my gun did not shoot that high and started investigating. I clamped my gun in a vice and rotated the laser in my barrel and found that the laser moved in a circle on the wall. I changed choke tubes and it did the same thing. I then tried it in another gun and found it did the same thing. I came to the conclusion that the laser was not aliened properly in the housing. I email the manufacturer but got no response. I then set it up in a barrel, turned it 90 degrees and found the center and adjusted the set screws that hold the laser in place till it was in the middle. I don’t use it for fitting but to practice gun mount. Make sure yours does not have the same issue before you start changing anything. AlanB

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Had to make a slight adjustment to mine as well. Simple, but shouldn't be necessary.

AndyH

7. HarryK

HarryK TS Member

Andy

Did you get the Lasershot Standard or the Lasershot Twice as Bright? Since they offer two models I was just wondering about brightness level of the standard model.

Harry

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I use a laser that is set off by the sound of the hammer striking the firing pin--it works great & I use it with my wall chart.

Lou

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I got the twice as bright model as I use it outside. Works well as long as my TJ wall chart isn't in the sunlight.

AndyH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.