1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Jordan's wall chart?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Otter, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otter

Otter TS Member

I 100% agree with the above post. I'm on my second one and shoot A27A after
    4 years. With the cost of shells going thru the roof, I paid for my wall chart in 30 days with the savings on shells alone ! ! !

Luxor
    Montana

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Obviously the chart is popular but I've never been able to figure out how you can improve your ability to hit moving targets thrown on random paths by dry firing at still images on a wall?

Morgan

3. Otter

Otter TS Member

What I have found is that you immediately know if you are flinching on the shot and wether or not you are making a smooth move to the target which is absolutley required from long handicap yardages. Also the wall chart taught me to soft focus my eyes (two eyed shooter) above the trap house before calling for the bird. If you are using your left hand (for right hand shooters) to move the gun instead of your right hand on the postol grip you will see the "flip" immediately. (flip = lost target)

Luxor

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"If you are using your left hand (for right hand shooters) to move the gun instead of your right hand on the postol grip you will see the "flip" immediately."

What's a "flip"??

Morgan

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Capt. Morgan (great name)

Most people that are missing a few targets every round at 16 yards have rather poor hand-eye co-ordination as far as getting the gun to where they are looking. The chart works by you holding lower and looking higher at the targets, this teaches you to move the gun more accurately to where your eyes are looking.

You can get good results with as little as 15 minutes a day.

Terry.

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Morgan the next time you are shooting practice put a snap cap in and dry fire at about 5 targets. You will probably see a jerk move or the flip as you pull or release the trigger.

Terry.

7. Otter

Otter TS Member

My flip is a quick and jerky move just as I reach the target and pulls my gun away from the target at the very last second. Site picture looks ok, but on the wall chart you will see where the gun ended up being pointed. I my case it is usually above and behind the target. Similiar to a bead check except above the target. From the 27 yard line it is a loss every time and in doubles it is the loss of the first bird.

Lux

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

This is the smaller 8 foot wide model.

9. Otter

Otter TS Member

Terry, do you stand closer to the smaller Wall Chart than my 8 footer ?

Luxor

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

There are hundred's of products on the market that claim to make you a better shooter.

I have been using the Wall Chart since Terry took me under his wing about 20 years ago.

I have gone from D class to AAA 27 AAA and I give his chart a lot of the credit.

Dollar for dollar you can't buy a better learning aid than the Jordan Wall Chart.

Even on this forum products have been trashed ( good & bad ) but you never see anyone trashing this product.A lot of big guns even endorse this product.

Give Terry a call, its the best money you'll spend..

............Good shooting ..............Bill W.........

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hey Terry,

Sorry you and Nancy had to leave yesterday and didn't get to see this chart user in the handicap shootoff. Had a 95 in regular competition and tied for 4th...Had to shoot off for 4th/5th place...shot a 24 in shootoff and took 4th and was thinking about your lead points on every shot. Thanks for all the advice and a way to practice at home. Believe me, the chart works !!!

Dave in NY

12. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I have the old chart but the instructions were one of the "casualties of a move and time" :(

Can anyone advise me how high on the wall it goes and how far back you stand?

Not sure of the age but this chart pre-dates 1993. Bought it brfore I moved from London, still miss Crumlin and the Souther Counties Interclub.

To its credit and as a tetiment to ists quality, this old chart is still in great condition.

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Luxor.

The 8 foot chart can be used as close as 9 feet but I like it from about 12 feet away from the wall it is on. It should be the same as yours if you have the 8 foot model.

Good shooting Dave! it was a tough day to shoot, a 4 th. in the main handicap at the N E Grand is great shooting.

Terry.

14. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi. Rem870TB

Put the very top of the trap house 52" to 54" from the floor. E-mail me and I will send you the newer write-up for the chart.

Terry.

15. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Thanks, Terry, that's real nice of you :) email sent!

I still miss Crumlin and the Southern Counties Interclub even after 14 or so years.

16. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Terry wrote "You will probably see a jerk move or the flip as you pull or release the trigger."

On this site, you would probably see a lot of jerks move. Or is that a lot of jerk moves?

In any event, I know you are right. The first time I put up the chart, mounted the gun and swung to the target and pulled the trigger, I yanked back so hard I almost pulled the forearm off the gun. I don't think it would qualify as a jerk or flinch, most likely a FLINCH!!!!!

Danny

17. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"Morgan the next time you are shooting practice put a snap cap in and dry fire at about 5 targets. You will probably see a jerk move or the flip as you pull or release the trigger."

I'm not one to brag, but that's one thing I don't do. I have years of weapons training and had instructors that took special delight in loading duds among our practice ammo just to see who had a stable pull and who didn't. I taught my wife to not anticipate recoil by using snap caps and doing the same thing with the shells I reload for her.

Morgan

18. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi BIG PAPA.

I have a problem with handicap still, I hit a few good scores but I am still learning where I want it as far as POI. Dave ribs are a fine product. I hit about 18 100's and one 200 with the new rib at 16 yards. I hit doubles good with the new rib right away, the handicap might take a bit longer.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.