1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Jordan Wall Chart

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I have just talked to Terry Jordan and I am ordering a new Sparta wall chart for my Son which I am at my last nerve with a jump flinch at the target, he is
    willing to try anything to get this problem behind him, he has dropped down to the lowest shooter on the team, My question is any of you guys that has these wall charts tell me your what your program is, or how do you use this and has it helped YOU.......

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

When I saw the picture, I was wondering if that was trap 2b or if it was not 2b. I'm glad they put up the sign.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The most important thing to do when using the chart is to follow through after pulling the trigger. Just like at the real range. If you pull up to the target and stop then pull the trigger while you are using the chart, you will do the same thing at the range.

The chart works. 10 or 15 minutes a day will do wonders. It is much more productive than 15 minutes on the phone or watching TV.

John

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

My the way, I am left handed too and found that my best hold points were about a foot more to the left. With a little lower hold on post 5 a foot inside the right corner of the house. Experiment and find what works for you. That is a good place to start with hold points though.

John

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

My problem was not only the flinch but a hard pull down with my arm on the forend as I fired. You MUST cock the gun, and hear the click each time you fire. I would have no problem if I didn't cock the gun, and just continued pulling the trigger, but as soon as I would hear that "Click" my arm yank was back. It took me a few days but the arm yank was cured. I was too far gone with the flinch though, and went to a release which was my cure all. With Terry's chart everything is now as smooth as could be...My singles average went up beyond my wildest imagination shortly after I bought the chart several years ago.

My wife used to be content with 16s and 17s...after using Terry's chart, she now is upset with herself if she is lower than a 23...She had taken 5 months off from shooting this winter to care for her family down south. Yesterday she took her gun out of mothballs and went to an ATA shoot and shot a 91 in singles after all that time off...Yep, Terry's chart works !!!

As for anything in our program that Terry doesn't explain. We always yell "Pull" just like real shooting, and remove the snap cap from the gun and reload another each shot...Try to simulate exactly how we shoot at the club.

Dave in NY

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hey John.

How did you like the smaller 8 footer as you have had both. I think you have the smaller one now?

Terry.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Hiya Terry. I like the smaller Sparta version every bit as well as the larger Vandalia one. I don't have the room that I used to have but it works equally as well. I appreciate it greatly and will enjoy it for many years. Thanks again and take care. Hopefully I will bcnu at a shoot this year. John

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi John.

The 8 footer has been very popular with shooters and it has outsold the 10 footer so far this month. I really like using the smaller chart too. Thanks for the reply, I will see you later this year.

Terry.

9. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Do you all fix 5 shooting spots on the floor for your differant walks or what do you do ?

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Blakester.

My basement is narrow and I just stay in the post 3 view. I can move a bit sideways and I can get like where a post 2 would be (about 5 feet over). If you have room to move sideways a bit that is fine but it is not necessary. I have used the Wall Chart this way for 30 years with good success. The amount of actual gun movement is about the same for all posts. When you can move smoothly anywhere in the “Vee” shape the chart makes you can shoot any post. I change my hold points sometimes by holding off to the right of the trap house and make a longer physical move to the sharp left target or reverse that to make a longer move to the sharp rights. By varying your hold points a bit left and right and heights of the hold you can be ready for any length of gun move you will see on a real trap range.

Terry.

11. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

How much room do you need for the 8 foot one.

Jim

12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Jim.

I like the 8 footer around 12 feet from the wall it is on. I am going to shoot the Southern Grand and Florida State shoot I will have a few with me. If any shooters are thinking of getting one I would prefer to get them out this week.

Terry.

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Wall Chart results e-mail from a new customer. (girl)

I had a great time my first practice. This is fun. So
    much better then just mounting my gun 50 times. That
    was so boring that I just did not want to do it
    anymore. I'm going to practice everyday for 20
    minutes. I love it. I will keep you posted.
    But like you said, it is ourselves making
    the smooth move to the target. I am going to read and
    read the information you sent me. There is a lot of
    good ideas. I found myself doing a lot of mistakes you
    were talking about. I have taken quite a few clinics
    but something has been missing. This will keep me busy.

Her after 2 weeks.

Thank you Terry. I have to tell you today I had a
    little time to shoot a 16 yard and a handicap at
    the range. I could actually tell I was smoother to the
    targets. It was wonderful. Plus I felt so much more
    confident. I really must give credit to the dry firing
    I have been doing. I hung the chart in my bedroom. I
    must tell you it was the best decision yet. You
    see every morning when I wake up it reminds me to practice
    and every night when I go to bed It reminds me to
    practice.

Now I could have hung this in my living