1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Jordan Wall Chart Success

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chocolateman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Just over 1 month ago I had a conversation with Terry Jordan @ the Buckeye in Ohio concerning his Wall Chart.

I had been struggling with my shooting and Terry’s advice and logic on practicing and mounting the gun made sense to me.

Long story short, I purchased the Wall Chart, spent the past month using the chart, and following Terry’s excellent written instructions plus doing @ least 100 mounts of my gun 5 days a week.

Terry also made himself available to answer questions and offer advice.
    Fast forward to this past weekend, and the hard work paid off, with a win @ the New York State in the handicap and doubles.

I really believe working with the wall chart assisted with my win and gave me confidence with my ability to produce smother moves to the target.

I am very satisfied with the chart and will continue to practice (and save money) using the chart.

Thanks again Terry.

Phil MacDonald

chocolateman_2009_0604120.jpg

2. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Phil.

Congratulations that was a very nice title to win, not just a trophy but Non-Resident Handicap Champion on Sunday. That is a big one to win.

The wrinkles on that chart from it being rolled up will come out if you lay it out in the hot sun or put it on a flat table and go over it a bit with a hair dryer.

Terry.

3. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Thanks Terry, the wrinkles are showing up more in the picture I took. Used a flash. I really don't notice them when I am down in the basement using the chart.

In fact, I never really noticed how messy my basement was until I took a picture of it. And I just figured out where that printer is that I have been looking for since last fall. Time for a garage sale. hahaha.

Phil

4. random

random TS Member

I am another satisfied Jordan chart user. After a 2-year handicap slump with scores in the 80’s, I finally had an epiphany. I changed my lens Rx, changed a couple of small gun-fit issues, and spent some quality time with my chart. All of my WA State handicap scores were in the 90’s with two 97’s getting me two full-yard punches. Most of the credit goes to the chart. Randy

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I used the wall chart, with much success, during last years season. I received the chart from Terry early in the year, and using it, I was able to post a 97 from the 27 at the Calif. State Shoot last year for my ATA 27 yard pin. While I haven't really had time to practice with it much this year, I did start using it again about a month ago and dry fire about 100 times a night. I'm getting ready to go to the PITA Grand at the end of next week and we will see if it helps yet again. Here are some pictures of my set up in the garage.

trap2_2008_0303148.jpg

trap2_2008_0303149.jpg

trap2_2008_0303150.jpg

I have a flood light mounted on the ceiling that I use when using the chart at night. All the garage lights go off and I use only the flood light. Great set-up and works extremely well when I do my part..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I used my chart a lot like Dan does with the lights off above where I was standing and only having the chart lit up.

It is great for looking at the front edge of a target and only seeing a black shadow where your barrel is.

Having a chart on a dark wall is a great setup.

Thanks Guys.

Terry

7. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The heck with the chart is that a Strat in you rack. LOL Bwrnie

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I can not think of anything else to enhance the man cave more, but for the chart.

9. Gil

Gil Member

nsxer, When you lift the garage door do you leave the chart fixed to the door? Any problems with the door bending? George Miller

10. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

I bought mine in march of this year broke my first 100 in singles at the Indiana state shoot. terry was right if your not smooth this thing will point that problem out in about 5 minutes, I change a whole lot of small things and my scores sored and have remained there. Bryan

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I tried one once blew a hole right through the dinning room wall and took out the refrigerator. My wife said no more? I don't get it!! LOL

12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

This is one of the comments I get regularly from shooters just reading the free 30 pages of info that comes with the Wall Chart.

I read over everything that you sent me. I went out Friday and shot a hundred rounds by myself. I shot a 97. The things that I worked on were the soft focus and the use of a blocker word. In the past, I’ve been holding the gun parallel and looking down at the house. This weekend, I was holding parallel and focusing out to were the target breaks.

It was really effective and smooth. I had no problems picking up the target with my peripheral vision. Friday, I was having problems bead checking. I went home and promptly got rid of the hi-viz fiber optic bead and put the standard one back on. I did some soft and hard focus exercises that night. I went out Saturday to practice by myself again and shot a 98.

Terry.

13. Gil

Gil Member

Nsxer, Many thanks, I will give it a try. George Miller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
terry george wall chart

terry jordan wall chart

using jordan wall chart
wall chart trap