1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

terry jordan chart ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

while using the chart i noticed that i automatically flatten out my swing on the angle targets just as i reach them. should i assume that this is an unoticed defect that i've had in my swing right along, and start making the correction? thanks, milt luther

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean by "flattening out." Please describe further.

3. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

instead of following straight thru the target on the same path that i made the intercept, my gun arcs to the left on left angle targets, and to the right on right angle targets. milt

4. Barry C. Roach

You'd better have someone watch you do this. I still don't understand. First you say your swing flattens out then it arcs. Two different things. Either I'm confused or you are.

Do you do the same thing on real targets? Where are you located?

5. Barry C. Roach

You'd better have someone watch you do this. I still don't understand. First you say your swing flattens out then it arcs. Two different things. Either I'm confused or you are.

Do you do the same thing on real targets? Where are you located?

6. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

from albany ny picture me at post 3 looking at wall chart my swing to the left target goes straight to bottom leading edge of target then just as i get to target the gun doesnt continue straight thru target, it arcs toward the left yes im quite sure i do the same on live targets thanks milt luther

7. Barry C. Roach

It's not the gun doing it it's you doing it. Stop doing it. Change your stance, a little at a time, more open toward the targets' flight. The arcing will go away. Good luck.

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The Wall Chart gives you very good hand-eye co-ordination. Regular use of the chart gets the gun to where you are looking. If you are looking at the front edge of the target properly the gun will go where you are looking whether the target goes up, down or flat.

I did a lot of work on the chart lately as we had a big 50+ squad team shoot today at Hamilton Ontario. It was cold, minus 5 C. and tricky targets in a strong NE wind. I took a good look at the targets and the gun just gets there, I hit 98 with a K-80 Trap Special that I have only shot for a couple months. I made very good moves to the targets from the work I did on the chart.

If you work hard enough on the Wall Chart getting the gun to the targets lead is a natural reaction. That gets so automatic that I don't even look for any lead or bead picture when I see the gun arrive on the target I shoot it.

Happy New Year.

Terry.

9. Barry C. Roach

Hi Terry. Happy New Year...............Ah Hamilton- They ever put a steel flag up there yet?

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Barry.

No not yet but it is still a steel town. It is a good shoot, always the first Sunday in January. It draws agood crowd but it is usually cold with tricky targets. 99's were high today and Bill Wylie had one of those so maybe he is getting back on track.

Terry.

11. Barry C. Roach

Terry, Bill doing OK?

12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Yes he is fine, he will probably read this and get back to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.