1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Bilbeys Response

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by white rattler, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Terry, You are the MAN. I hope you know who your friends are. Trevor Dawe.

2. JES

JES Member

As I have stated in past threads, check the Hall of Fame, CGSTA and Terry is there. For those of us who know and have seen you shoot many times at DIFFERENT clubs and still break hundred, amazing and fun to watch. I hope enough has been said and may your circle of loyality grow anyone that knows Jacque and Terry Bilbey and Maryanne it is time to get on with the shoots and back to fun and let the good times roll. And may the sicko RIH (rot in He--). Jan slough

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Terry. There are many people out there that have been wondering what is going on. And needless to say, there are allot of us that are behind you all the way.

Let us know how we can help, and thanks for putting on great shoots for all us Terry Bilbey wanna be's.

Kevin King

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Terry ... you realize that this warped person is not going to stop! Having been a target of some of his previous poison pen letters, I know how you feel.

Needless to say, you have the affection and support of all the shooters. Time to put this behind us and move on.

Si Allen

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Terry,

There are some of us watching this over here on the east coast (Georgia) in absoulte disbelief. Not sure what people think they gain by openly trashing someones good name, reputation and character. Anyone who'd write a hateful letter and not sign their name must be a real "meat eater". The good news is somehow, somewhere, someone will spill the beans on this person and I'd venture to say his trapshooting days will certainly be over. When they are identified I'd certainly hope you'd be able to pursue legal action against them for all the heartache this has caused. Hope this crap comes to an end soon for all of you out there.

Best regards,
    Dave

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I haven't been in the trapshooting game all that long, but in the short time I have been shooting, Terry has been nothing but a heck of a nice guy to me and to anyone he has been around. Not to mention the fact that his shooting skill is amazing to watch! I enjoy shooting at Redlands as often as I can, and will continue to do so...it is truely a first class operation.

-Aaron Valdes

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Terry I have never met you BUT I can say I would like to. If all would ignore the bastard then he would fade away.

If the Gutless POS is on this site then have it be known you will be found out and you should prepare yourself for the consequences.

I also believe that the postal authorities should or could get involved.

A friend in the Midwest.

Don

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Terry, You may never know who the culprit is, it's a shame what some people are able to get away with from their shadowy environment. You have a large support group of friends and fellow shooters who respect you for who you are. Worry about what you can control, not some foolish non-descript creature from who knows where. Look forward and enjoy the sport. Shoot well in good health, Bob

9. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

I was President of Tri County Trap Club for the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 shoot years.

I worked closely with Terry for the transfer of our club from Prado to Redlands in November 2007. Terry went out of his way to make the transition as smooth and fair as possible and we have never looked back.

Terry runs a first class shooting park and has always been there to ensure that our shoots are well organized and highly functional. Terry has been very responsive to our club and has worked closely with our board.

Our membership has grown from about 35 active members to 95 active members do in large part to Terry, Jacque and Maryann and all the staff at Redlands.

It is a pleasure and an inspiration to have Terry shoot with our club.

Charles McPhee

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Charles McPhee, you said it perfectly. Also, I wish to thank Terry for being very gracious and welcoming whenever I arrived at Redlands SP or had a question about shooting's technique and equipment. I have always felt welcome at Redlands and shooting with Tri-County and participating in registered events. I only wish my schedule would allow more consistent participation at Redlands SP. I wish to thank Charles for guiding Tri-County TC as a past president, and thank Terry, Jacque, and Maryann for making and continuing to make Redlands a premier shooting park that offers fun and challenges.

David Buchman

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I do not know this Bilbey fellow... But i wish I lived in Redlands proximity so that I could. Maybe this summer.

Jack

12. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Being that

a) I'm new to the sport, and
    b) I live in Michigan and have a difficult time getting out.

I have been reading all the post and decided to do check a little background myself. In conclusion I have to say that I would like to me Terry (and get some tips) and he has my full support. This loser needs to get a clue and grow up.

John Peterman MI

13. EE

EE Banned User Banned

So, for those of us who don't know, who is the a$$ that is doing this?

EE

14. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Terry Jealousy and class envy are rampant in the shooting sports. I've been around lots of shooters that just can't stand to see Champions win most of the time. These same folks usually do not break the 100, 200, or ever achieve the Grand Slam or break 100 doubles or high handicap scores etc... I've never thought my inability was anyone else's fault but mine. A good friend made the statement years ago: " Its the nut behind the butt" and that stuck with me for all these years. I'm the one slapping that trigger. Terry you don't need to justify anything, you are a true Champion and honest competitor. You don't need to explain anything to anyone. Looking forward to coming out and shooting some P.I.T.A. targets with you. J.R. Long

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, Terry. I don't know you, but I have experienced some pretty childish, petty, and under-handed behavior from some people in our sport. Thankfully, most of our members are supportive and sportsmanlike. It looks like you are surrounded by the latter. With time, the truth always comes out and it leaves the other guy looking stupid. Just bide your time...

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i was a stranger but for a short time my first time at redlands. i was always treated good & met many nice people at redlands i enjoyed my getting to shoot twice with tri county gun club. they are a great bunch of people & terry & crew run a first class operation. i would still be shooting on occasion at redlands if my business had not went south on me preventing me from making my twice monthly trips to so. calif. great club great people. dwain cook. iowa

17. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Terry I live on the east coast and from what I'm hearing you keep taking the "HIGH ROAD" the problem child will be found out and dealt with...

18. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I've only met Terry once - last summer for the Western Zone. I went to SoCal rather than to Medford (which is closer), because of the wonderful things I had heard about Terry and Redlands. Terry, Jacque & Maryann ran a great shoot, the targets were awesome, and the experience I had was fabulous. They made me ("the shooter from the North") feel welcome and if Terry could've done something about the humidity (which almost did me in), I'm sure he would have. Good people, great targets, fun - everything what a shoot should be. I will shoot at Redlands again (just not in the summer!) and I'm looking forward to it.

It's a shame that for whatever reason, this crap is going on...and it is crap. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around," and I hope we are all around when the idiot(s) is/are finally identified. There will be consequences...in some form or another.

Not to worry Terry -- there are plenty of us up here in NorCal who are behind you as well. Hang in there.

Sherree

19. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Terry:
    I would seriously contact the postal authorities as what Big Don has previously suggested. I would also recommend contacting the FBI and see if they can help.
    steve balistreri

20. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

To my dismay I learned today that a post I made on another thread concerning same subject matter as discussed here was taken by several in the wrong manner. I posted what I thought would be taken as inteded as sarcasim/injest and rather was taken to be a negative response of Terry by myself. I opologized to Terry today via phone as thus feel compeled to do the same on here for any and all that may have been so deceived by my writings. I have known Terry for a number of years and have also shot with him. From what I know of Terry he is a very stand up and positive person for our sport. He is the type of person that I would stand beside or go back to back with (for those that know what that means). I consider him a friend and I hope he accepts my apology for the concern I may have caused in a frustating situation inwhich he is involved.

I don't fully understand the particulars of what this matter concerns or the repeated attacks by the individual/individuals involved towards Terry but as others have stated, it is of very childish nature and hopefully the culprit/culprits will be caught and dealt with not only by the postal service but the ATA as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.