1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrific Lead Reclamation results at WCGC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzt, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

As some of you may remember, we had our range mined for lead last year. The firm doing the work recovered 158,000 lbs in a little over 3 1/2 MONTHS, finishing last September.

This spring we were approached by Tom Taylor of En-Range, Inc. Tom and I walked the grounds and discussed the work that had been done. I dug down in the area that had been mined and found significant shot in the top 6". Tom later returned and did an assay. He determined there was enough lead left in the already mined areas, plus the areas that were not mined to justify re-mining this summer.

In the last 3 1/2 WEEKS, En-Range recovered 120,000 lbs. of lead. They will finish early next week and expect to recover a total of 150,000 to 170,000 lbs.

In addition, they regraded our shot fall zone to make recovery easier in the future. They built a retaining berm at the end of our zone to keep lead from washing down the slope. They used rock and shale separated during the recovery to build the berm. The fine, clean top soil was redistributed around the area, ready for seeding.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with En-Range. They came in with big equipment and a large crew and knocked this out lickety split. Our property is in much better shape than it was when they arrived, and we get a windfall we didn't expect. It just doesn't get any better than this. If any of you are interested in the details, PM me. We WILL be using En-Range again in about 5 years.

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I would like to discuss further about En-Range and who you used the first time

3. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

So, how much did this bring in to the club?

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Tom gave me permission to post his cell number. You can reach Tom at 786 223-0204.

En-Range is also remining Oley Valley Fish & Game to recover lead missed by the previous miner.

If you are anywhere near West Chester Gun Club in West Chester, PA and want to see their work, stop in on Sunday or next Tuesday afternoon. Tom will be there on Tuesday. Later in the week he'll be moving the equipment at our club out to Oley to assist with that project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.