1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tendonitis in the elbow AKA Tennis Elbow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wpairishshot, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Hello, I posted on here a year or so ago looking for information from anyone who may have had issues with tendonitis in the elbow, the replies were great. I went ahead and had the cortisone injection several times. Helped tremendously. I may be at the place where the injections arent going to be effective any more. Has anyone had surgery for that condition? What was the outcome? How long did you have to be off from work? Thanks for all the replies.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I had that. But not the usual one. I had mine done in St Charles, Illinois. A doc that developed a better place to cut.

3. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

I am currently undergoing acupuncture treatments for the symptoms of tennis elbow (in both elbows) which i believe actually are a result of my extensive, daily work on the computer keyboard.

I highly recommend acupunture for any repetitive strain or sports injury (by a qualified practitioner of course) for after 90 days (20 minute treatments 2x week) I am now 95% symptom free in both elbows.

b.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I've had periodic bouts with it and wore the band to keep the tendon from popping over the edge of the bone and it helps tremendously. Jackie B.

5. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Interesting perspective Jackie B., if I go to my regular family doc she gives me one of those bands. If I go see the orthopedic doc, he tells me to get rid of it. So far, other than the cortisone shots one of the more effective treatments I have had is to wear a wrist and hand motion restrictive device.

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I like Barb's idea of the acupuncture, but you go first and let me know how it goes!

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Generally speaking tendenitis is the result of repetetive activity. Keep repeating the activity that is causing the problem and it will continue to flare up. Restrictive devices help limit movement,also modifying the way you do things can help.

Example, I was a proffesional driver. Early in my career I began developing tendenitis in both arms. Having gone through all the available treatments short of surgery I found my own solution. It occured to me to examine the mechanics of the way I was driving. I was fully extending my arms with every turn of the wheel. By shortening my arm strokes and keeping my elbow flexed the problem got better and ultimately went away.

Best of luck,

Robert

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I've had it before and used the same thing Jackie B uses and it's amazing how good it works

9. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Roofer Bob - it is entirely painless, nothing more than a little prick when the tiny pin goes in. I'm sure you've tolerated bigger pricks in your life!

b.

10. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

I was a right handed bricklayer and nail pounder. My right elbow got so bad I could hardly pick up a spoon. I had the surgery 20+ years ago. At that time they opened the elbow joint up completly, about a 5" cut. I thought I'd never, ever extend my arm completly again. The re-hab was terrible, and very painfull. I did the re-hab as per instructed. Not a problem with the elbow since and I still swat a bunch of nails. If you have yours done, DO THE RE-HAB like they tell you. It'll work out OK. Good luck with it. F/S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.