1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TEN SIGNS YOU ARE ADDICTED TO TRAPSHOOTING!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    Ten signs you are addicted to trapshooting!!!

1. while at work all you think about is shooting.

2. you can't sleep the night before a big shoot.

3. you have lied on numerous occasions to your spouse on how much money you actually spend on shooting.

4. you have lied to your spouse on how much money you actually won shooting so she would not be upset with the amount of time you were at the gun club, and the amount of money you spent on shooting.

5. you tell your friends not to mention to your spouse the gun you have just purchased.

6. when your spouse talks to you, you nod your head acting like your listening. what you are actually doing is planning your next shoot.

7.when you and your spouse were planning your wedding, you registerd at "Dicks"

8.at Christmas time when asked what you want for Christmas, you say "5,000 primers"

9. your car knows the way to the area gun club without you actually stering.

10. your spouse ask you to drive her across town to see her ailing aunt and you say no, it's to far away. she then ask you how come you can take a car, train, plane, boat to get to a shoot across the entire country but you can't drive me 20 miles to see my aunt?

if you can think of any more add them to the thread.

thanks,
    steve balistreri

2. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

11 - A whiff of pyrodex is all it takes to give you that "feeling."

12 - After a whiff of pyrodex, all you want is another.

13 - You don't blow the smoke out of your barrel between shots - you draw it in like the smoke of a fine Cuban cigar.

14 - You're convinced $10K for a gun is perfectly reasonable, affordable, an most imoprtantly, necessary.

15 - Gee - the $15K gun is SHINY!

16 - Your lawn needs mowed, your garage needs a roof, your car is riding on bald tires, and your basement is full of shells.

17 - Your co-workers think you're crazy and you think they're just un-initiated.

18 - Your ring tone is a gunshot.

19 - You've been placed prone on the groung and hand-cuffed by the grocery store security guard when your spouse called you to pick up an extra loaf of bread.

20 - You see on line that there are fake cell phones that are actually .22 pistols and drop your law suit, but don't change your ring tone.

3. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Your hooked when you are shooting trap while you are sleeping and your wife is laughing at you when you call pull

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You have a 12 guage reloading press in your bedroom. HMB

5. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

when your gun is worth more than your car!

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

You have kept other expensive trap guns that hardly gets used anymore.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i think were are all sick!!!!
    steve

8. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

You fly to Hawaii to shoot trap and sight see if you have time.

9. smp005

smp005 Member

Uh... I scheduled a registered shoot for this coming Sunday - and I am hoping I get lots of shooters that forgot (like I did) that it is Mother's Day.. :)

Scott

10. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

smp005 Been there done that. 2 showed.

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

When someone asks you to be at an important event, and you have to check your "trapshooting" calendar to see if there is a shoot that day. lol

Hauxfan!

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

You know your addicted when you have cologne manufactured for you that smells like spent Federal Papers!!.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

13. Straight99

Straight99 Member

You carry an extra case of shells in your truck all the time, just in case a trap shoot breaks out.

14. 525 KID

525 KID TS Member

When you see an old lady changing her flat tire and you know your squad is waiting on you??? All kinds of things run thru your your mind as to why you can't stop to help!!! But we stop anyway to help and set a world record changing a flat tire....

15. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

You can break better scores in your dreams. And they're always just where your looking.
    Ran 100 doubles last night!

Big Jack

16. wm rike

wm rike Member

You tell yourself that extra XX pounds around the middle gives you a more stable shooting platform

17. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

When you get married and you go to Hawaii to a shoot for your honeymoon and shot 1200 or so rounds each but never get to the beach once?

Or our club president booked my kids to pull trap on Mother's Day because he knew I'd be there anyway, and my present from my husband is 300 ATA rounds this Sunday?

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You give up your other addictions to shoot trap......

19. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

You use the same excuse for sniffing burnt powder a cocaine addict uses: "I don't do it to get high... I just like the way it SMELLS!!!"

Mike

20. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

You look forward to posting on trapshooters.com! Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.