1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Temperature at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

Why have the Grand in August it is the hottest time of the year, why not October or some cooler month?

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Because it is summer vacation time for the students.

Now if the delegates had taken up Amarillo's offer we could change it to end of October and have a bunch of Mexicans scoring. :) LOL

On 2nd thought we be up the creek in a few years after the "wall" is complete. :) LOL

Jason

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If we moved it to the Big Island, we'd have to set the traps to compensate for the slight breezes that hit the Islands this time of year!

Jay

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

The Grand has been in August for 100 years and tradition has to count for something. All of us liked the grand in Ohio before they kicked us out. Ohio shooters had a sweet deal for years but it's gone. The King is dead, long live the Queen.

jim brown

5. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Damn only 104 in Las Vegas and it is a dry heat. If the Grand were there you would not have to drive on cow trails and stay in crappy motels 80 miles from the shoot.

Clyde

6. whatsquadisup?

whatsquadisup? TS Member

Please sweep ashes of the shooter adjacent to you off the pad so the next squad can start clean.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hoosier Daddy- Your point might become a reality. Can you tell me the Spanish words for : lost, move and failure to fire? I know the numbers from 1 to 5 but just in case I have a bad post, what is the Spanish word for 0. And, is "deado a dos" Spanish for dead a pair?

Pat Ireland

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How many kids shoot at the grand? I never could understand not holding the grand in late Sept. or early Oct. Is the game just for kids? Who shoots trap and pays for 90% of every aspect of trap shooting? The 50+ year old group of men that shoot, that's who.

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Old farts don't like change.
    It ain't because of the kids.

10. Newcomer

Newcomer TS Member

Clyde Clyde Clyde
    You just can't let stuff go can ya? As for cow trails, where is it that you live? Bet the roads are so much nicer there. As for the crappy motels, maybe if you weren't a tight ass it wouldn't be a crappy motel. Maybe they made you stay where you stayed. Get over it already. Even if the Grand didn't stay in Sparta, it ain't going back to Ohio. Maybe if you tight asses would have put up the money it would have never left.

Matt

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

What is with the heat thing??? The Grand is always hot. This year was an exception?? It might be a little better if you did not have to escape the heat by going inside ???? Shade will or will not come but it's just as hot just more noticeable.

Rock

Jim

12. Newcomer

Newcomer TS Member

Its a 100 again today. This is by no means normal. I have lived in So. Illinois for 37 years and i can't ever remember heat like this for this amount of time. It is August in the midwest but like i said , not normal.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.