1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Temp At My House was.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

At my house this morning in Va was a 7 degree. The coldest yet for the year.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Talk to Al, he claims its not happening!!

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

-7 here in central Iowa Saturday nite, shot sunday at Cedar Falls in +9 with a stiff NW wind. Rosy cheeks were common amongst the shooters. lol First time below 0 in two years.

4. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Was 9 at my house this morning in PA....Brrrrrr

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

58 here in Denver, was supposed to get up to 69-70, but did not make it. Only had about 12 people show up at the club, due to this fridgid weather. Cold snap of mid 50's to last about a week.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

73.8 outside now. Love S. Florida this time of year.

Eric

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

14 degrees in the city of Brotherly Love( Phila.)

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Northeast Ohio it was 6 degrees (-6 chill factor). We shot trap and it had warmed to 12 degrees (5 degrees chill factor); one guy ran 25 straight in windy conditions, a few 24's and needless to say, others.... It was fun. BT100dc

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You scared me Likes To Shoot....I saw something about Rosies cheeks being red and was really wondering if I wanted to scroll down..imagining seeing her drawers down displaying her big ol chapped butt brought on the dry heaves

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

About 20F here in southern Albetra.... relatively balmy compared to the -10F my son works in up in Fort McMurray....and he may see -35F before the winter is over...good thing he's young and tough and that the pays is great!!

Ron Burr

11. likes-to-shoot

Fess up CalvinMD, you know that is the fastest your computer screen ever scrolled down.....lol

12. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Six below in Green Bay without the wind. Go 49er's .

13. PNT

PNT Member

As I keyboard, temp is -20 with a wind chill of -40. NW MN

14. likes-to-shoot

PNT, the weather man on our local news station has been showing your temps in N Minnesota, and N Dakota......Some of that cold front has stretched clear down here to central Iowa.....Been feeling sorry for you guys up north.

15. PNT

PNT Member

likes-to-shoot, It was colder the other day. -32 with 26 mph winds, forgot the wind chill #'s.
    Staying indoors and getting a bit of reloading done.

16. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

-7F
    The Low today was -10F. The high was +.3F. That's 3/10ths of 1 degree.

Here's a screenshot of today's data as reported by my personal weather station, uploaded to wunderground.com
    jh
    johnhefley_2012_01032.jpg

17. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

-24 here tonight in central MN

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

NADA on that LTS!!! I was truly frightened!!

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Glad I brought Annie to AZ last week, I think it went down to 50 last night;)

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I'm fascinated to see all our local TV stations send their reporters outside here in Chicago to report on - Are you ready for it? -

"Good evening folks, Jackie Rogers here at WWCH with the news at 10. For our lead story tonight, we're going live to Amanda Smythe at the corner of State and Lake for a glimpse of what it's like out there. Amanda....."

(Camera shows a young lady in a bright blue, logo-rich parka holding a microphone, her shoulders hunched a bit and the wind moving the faux-fur on her parka hood and she's shivering.)

"Well, Jackie, I can only think of 1 four letter word to describe what it's like here in Chicago in mid January - COLD !!! And the wind makes it feel even colder than what my thermometer here shows at 10 degrees (She holds up a small thermometer). Folks, take it from me, don't stay out in it long. In fact, stay inside if you can. If you must go out, bundle up. Believe me, the Windy City deserves its reputation on nights like this. Our crew may go down by Lake Michigan to see if there is ice on the Lake; Jackie, if you'd like to check in with us later in the broadcast we can report on that. Jackie, back to you in the studio, where I bet it's nice and warm."

Jackie, with a straight face - "Thanks for that incredible report, Amanda. We can only imagine how it feels out there. And, yes, it is warm in here. AND NOW, let's go to Ted Adams for a report on the multiple shootings that have occurred tonight all over the City, just since the dinner hour. Ted...."

And that's the lead story. Have we really come to this level that we need a reporter dressed in a parka with a fur hood to tell us it's cold outside in Chicago in January?

Gene in Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.