1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell your Senator NO on Amnesty

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by oldgahchamp, Jun 11, 2013.

1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The first vote to grant amnesty to millions of illegals is at 2:00 pm today. Call the switchboard in DC (toll free). 888-978-3094. Tell them you want to leave a message for your Senator to vote NO on the amnesty bill. If the line is busy, try again.

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I did. And I have already received a response. It more or less told me to go f--- myself. Sincerely Diane Feinstein

Darr

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

ZGUN must be an illegal alien, or he employs them so he doesn't have to hire Americans at an honest wage

4. rocko

rocko Member

ZGUN, I do not see any reference to economics or level of education in oldgahcamp post. I do agree with oldgahcamp that we should contact our Senators with our concerns in this matter.

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

ZGun you seem to have the need to insult for no reason. Having said that, I'm sure you have real world experience with this issue. Then I'm sure you know that is already illegal to hire an illegal. That it comes with substantial penalties. That nearly all of the illegals being employed illegally do so with forged docs or docs of other people.

How do I know? I deal with it daily. What would be stupid is to amnesty the illegals that are here without securing the border 1st. Otherwise we would have an endless situation. Much like the situation we have now. That's what would be stupid.

Darr

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Many years ago I took psychology as an undergraduate general education class. One experiment I read about taught pigeons to peck a target to receive a food reward. Different scenarios were tried for dispersing rewards. For instance, one scenario dispersed rewards on a fixed time schedule. The experimenters observed very little pecking until the scheduled disbursement was near, when the pigeons would start pecking frantically. The most interesting result was obtained by disbursing the reward randomly. The pigeons would peck at the target almost continuously because they never knew when their behavior would be rewarded.

I see an analogy to illegal immigrants and amnesty. What amnesty and a path to citizenship does is gives the illegals a random reward for their behavior. Those not already here see the reward to those breaking our immigration laws, and think "It will happen for me too!". We've seen in the past that amnesty only increases illegal immigration, but cannot seem to learn from our experience. There are too many in business and agriculture who want the cheap labor, too many people who want the cheap prices, and too many politicians who want the cheap votes to stop it.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Why stop at calling our own Senators? I say call em all and say NO. If people from other countries who are here illegal can campaign our Senate then why can't we contact Senators from other states.

I don't trust the Republican leadership on this bill. Even though I'm not from Kentucky I will let Sen McConnell know my thoughts. NO.