1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me how to upload pics here HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by new2ata, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new2ata

new2ata TS Member

Can someone help me with getting pics on here with the guns I have for sale.

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Open an account at PhotoBucket...no fees.

Save the image to your hard drive, open your PhotoBucket account and browse to the picture in your files. Open and upload it to your album. Each photo you upload to PhotoBucket will be given 3 tags (lines of code) that you can copy to allow you to either display the image in a post or create a clickable link to it.

Mike

3. DocJim

DocJim Member

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

1- Go to Photo Bucket and register for the free photo bucket account at the link above or copy and paste the link below either.

http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu

2- Ok after you have got your photo bucket account then it is best to make some different Album's in it such as Animal's,Family,Shooting,Car's,Pet's,Friends and so on in other words I like to keep my photo's in the right type of category because when you get over 1,000 pictures like me it is hard to find what you want when they are all in 1 album.

3- Ok you are ready to upload the photo's to the photo bucket from your computer just go in photo bucket and go to the top center section where it has the UPLOAD and the browse boxes ok click on one of the browse buttons and it will open your computer folders just find where you have the photo's stored at most of the time it is in my pictures if it is like most ok if you find the photo you want to upload then left click the photo and it will show the name in the file name box below if that is the one you want then left click open and it will list it by the browse box that you hit before.

4- All right you might just want to do a few 1 at a time to get the hang of it ok just click the UPLOAD button and it will upload it to the photo bucket account it shows the progress if you have dial up it might take longer if it is a big file.

5- Ok it is best if you had album's already made, then you should had opened the one you wanted the photo to go in but you can always move it to any album you want after it is uploaded into the photo bucket.

6- Ok now you have the photo ready to post to the trap site so go to the trap site and after you make your post then you are ready to post the link to your photo ,ok I always keep the photo bucket site open and just go to a new Internet explorer connection and have both the trap site and photo bucket open at the same time I might have to minimize one while you are looking at the other.

7- Now all you do is just look below the photo you want to post and you will see 3 boxes below with link boxes like this below.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Airbags.JPG

URL Link (use this in the Image URL box only)

HTML Tag (use this one for single or multi photo's in the text area of a post.)

IMG Code (I never use this one at all)

Ok just left click the URL link below your photo and now it will be highlighted.

Now right click the high lighted link and select copy ,now go to the trap site and in your post just look for the Image URL box at the top of your post then just left click in the box then right click and select paste, now the photo bucket URL link should be showing in the Image URL box if so and you are ready to submit your post then go ahead ok after you submit the post then open the thread and you will see the photo at the top of your post.

8- Ok if you see a little red x instead of your photo in your post then you either didn't copy and paste the link right or either you moved or deleted the photo from the photo bucket after it was pasted in the trap thread so this is why I like to put my photo's where I want to leave them in the photo bucket.

9- Ok sorry to make it look complicated I should had typed less but if you know how to copy and paste a link then you will have no problems but if you don't know how then just read the number 7 section while you are trying to do it.

10- Ok in the photo bucket you can upload a lot of photo's at once by just selecting the other browse buttons and it has a add more link and will put a lot more browse buttons to choose from.

11- After you get the hang of posting 1 photo to your post and if you want to post more than 1 photo to a post then all you would do is just copy and paste the HTML Tag link under the photo and paste it into the body of the post and you can put as many as you want but I will always hit the enter button a couple of times between the photo links so it will show a small break between the photo's, the multi photo's to a post comes in handy to show several views of a gun or what ever another thing the post will look strange because it will show all of the photo links in the post but after it is submitted and you re look at the thread then the photo's will be there instead of the links.

Ok did I confuse you to much after you do a couple then it will all make sense but holler if I need to explain it different or more detailed on what ever you have trouble on.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/follingaround.gif</a>

Foggy!!

5. new2ata

new2ata TS Member

Sorry Foghorn I am reall trying to get the pic up.

6. new2ata

new2ata TS Member

Foghorn, Thanks a million

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

You are welcomed.

new2ata

Foghorn

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

OK, so how do you post more than one pic on a post, and add commentary underneath each??

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ajax

Ok to add a photo in the text of the post just use the HTML Tag link which is the 2nd box below the picture in photo bucket just copy and paste it and if you want to add text below it then go ahead but I usually hit the enter button a couple of times after the link so it will have a break between the textjust like the pict. below.

Ok I just hit the enter button 2 times and this text is below it.

You can add as many photo's as you want by using the Html Tag link.

The only time to use the first box below the picture is when you want the picture to be in the very top of the post and it has to go in the Image URL box at the top of your post.

Ok you can combine the first link and 2nd link below the pictures as I did above you will see a big gal in red that was by pasting the URL link into the Image URL box on the post and the other 3 photo's was by using the Html tag links.

DB Bill pretty nice rack you posted.

Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.