1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me about the Perazzi TMX

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch

Crunch Member

I have a chance to buy an excellent condition Perazzi TMX 34" for a reasonable price....$2300.
    It has 4 original factory Perazzi choke tubes. It also has an adjustable comb done by a reputable gunsmith.
    I don't know much about these shotguns so I asking a few questions. Were/are these guns popular? Are they more highly valued than TM-1's? Do they tend to shoot high/low? Anybody here shoot one that can tell me about how they handle? And what about these 2 generation choke tubes? Do these guns have any model related issues? Just any information to help me make the decision will help. Thanks

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Crunch. The TMX is as good as trap guns get. Just not with all the fancy adj ribs that guys like today. You will not have any specific problems and 2300 is a great price. That gun is valued at 3 grand or more. The chokes work, the trigger needs a new spring even 5000 or so and that is pretty much it other than cleaning. I have owned many. and it has a typical value of about $1000 more than a TM1. They shoot 60/40 with stacked beads.
    [​IMG]
    This is my current TMX Special. The "Special" era began in '86 withe the CNC machining processes. They had a P4 trigger which meant the trigger blade had 4 LOP positions. Too, the stocks became more ergonomic about that time. The gun was made in this design to about 2000. Production of initial TMX began in about 81 jsut after Perazzi began importing the gun for US consumption. Classy gun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Most of the people that ever shot a TMX really like them, including me. They were as good as trap guns got, during their day in the sun. However, they lack the modern upgrades presently available as well as the good material in most high end guns today. But, for the price if it doesn't pop open every third round, it's a good deal.

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Excellant price. Most sell in the $3,000.00 to $3,400.00 range.
    The taller rib allows you to keep your head in a more up-right
    position. As MIA said, the generally shoot about 60/40. I feel
    they are far better than the TM-1....

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I shoot mine better than any trap gun I have owned and that is a lot of trap guns. It is the last one I will have.
    [​IMG]

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you don't buy it, I will. That's a steal!

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Heck, I think you can get a new one cheaper?

;-)

[​IMG]

8. Crunch

Crunch Member

Snagged it! Here it is. Thanks for the comments.

[​IMG]

9. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

About the only thing you can di to make it better is to have wilkinson do the bbl. Both my TM-1 & TMX have that done. Yes it does make an extremely noticable pattern difference. More pellets in the 30"'s & better uniformaty. I did a 5 shot with 5 diff shells,25 total,before & after,same boxes of shells.
    Price is a bargain. You will never lose as you can see.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a TMX and wouldn't sell it for that, probably going back to it once I sell the MX-2000/8 that I have for sale ... Mine patterns 75/25 on the pattern board with the comb set up about 3/8 of an inch ... The TMX I have has fixed chokes with .o37 restriction ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Merlyn had one on his table at our shoot several years ago. I kept picking it up and looking at it off and on during the first three days of the shoot. He kept wanting me to shoot it on the practice trap and I kept declining. Long story short---on Sat. of the state singles I had dropped several targets on the first hundred with my DT-10.While waiting to shoot the second hundred,I stopped by Merlyn's again and looked at the TMX. He talked me in to shooting it the second hundred.

I took the gun to the practice trap and broke 25 straight with it and decdided to shoot it the second hundred. Yep, I broke 100 straight. (darn you Merlyn) I own the gun and always will.

You got a deal on that one and don't worry about the adjustable rib as long as you have the adjustable comb unless you have to have to see that provorbial figure eight. Mine shoots almost 90/10 with the comb set where it is. I shoot it with the #7 choke for 16's and hdc. Once in a while will shoot the #8 choke on the hdc. using #8 shot.

Have fun and enjoy your new purchase. Let us know how it shoots for you.

Steve Elliott

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

These guys are all wet. Send me the address and phone number of the seller so I can scold him for trying to take advantage of you.

HM

13. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

MIA: May be confused but if offering yours for $2300 - will take
    it. Go good with one I have almost like it.

Doyal

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Doyal. I admit to being confused but my TMX is my base gun. Gets me out of trouble when mymind goses south.

My gun belonged to "jcshooter". He and I are tradin buds... Have a stock set going to him today

15. Crunch

Crunch Member

Here is a closer and clearer picture. I'm in the honeymoon stage with this sweetie.

[​IMG]

16. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

For $2300?? Sweet. No use in buying lottery tickets for some time....you have used up your allotment of luck for this month.

17. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Crunch: In case of a divorce, will give U your money
    back + shipping. Don't suppose a flat or two of shells
    would be included?????

Doyal

18. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey,Crunch! Will you autograph my Pirate flag? I paid 3200 for mine, 20 minutes after it went on TS.com, and I was second in line, first guy backed out.

19. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I LOVE mine and it is dead on ! got it from the Gentleman that bought it brand new had the original sales slip with it and all the other stuff he hardly ever shot it ..I can not say the same :)

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just be sure you can shoot a trap gun in an upright stance. It was designed with the high rib and accomodating high stock just for that reason. I tried it once and found out that I couldn't shoot that upright stance well so I went back to shorter ribs.

You can't go wrong buying it though. I would in a heartbeat just to make a buck on it. Either way you can't go wrong. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjustable rib for perazzi tmx
ljutic trigger blade
pattern for perazzi tmx stock
perazzi tmx fixed choke for sale

perazzi tmx trap gun for sale

when was the perazzi tmx produced