1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me about the Ljutic Bi-Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have this little voice in my head telling me I must have a Ljutic Bi-Gun. I'm not sure why since I have never even seen one first hand. If you own one please share your thoughts on the gun.
    Thanks
    --- Chip King ---

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Very bad triggers if you shoot a release forget lt

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Thanks KEYBEAR. I shoot pull triggers. My current doubles gun is a Beretta 682 Gold X that pulls at about 4 pounds lower and 4 pounds and 2 oz top. My Ljutic LTX single has a far superior trigger (3 pound 9oz with no slop) to the Beretta and I was hoping that the Bi-Gun would too.
    --- Chip King ---

4. Amersabungero

Amersabungero TS Member

Chipking,

I can only give you the experience I have had with mine. I bought my TC Bi-Gun as well as my Mono-Gun from a dear friend of mine when I began shooting trap in 1990. It has a set of 32" barrels choked for trap doubles and an additional set of 30" barrels that are choked for box birds. Since the day I bought it, I have shot this gun exclusively for all my doubles targets, live pigeons and a pretty fair amount of 16's on occasion.

I have yet to replace any part on this gun. My triggers are double pulls and have never given me any problem at all. I sent the trigger group to Ljutic on one occasion just to have it checked out. Dennie took it apart, cleaned and greased it for me and sent it back to me with no repairs needed.

My friend, I have had no experience with the earlier model of Bi-Gun nor with the later LM-6. But I have always been more than pleased with my TC. I bought both my Ljutics with the intention that they would be my "lifetime" set of trap guns and have never had cause to regret that decision yet.

I hope this information was beneficial to you.

Carl Kelly Jr.

ps: Nadine, if you're reading this, the gun I'm talking about is TC Bi-Gun #55 that I bought from out mutual friend "Digger" Sharp.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Carl
    Thank you for your post. I believe that the gun I am looking at is about the same vintage. Barrels are 32" and choked MOD and IMOD per the owner who is at the Grand and out of reach for a few more days.
    --- Chip King ---

6. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Chip King,

There have been 3 Ljutic O/U's models in the original series.

First is the Bi-Gun model which has a history of trigger problems.

The next model was the TC. You will see TC as part of the serial number. I own TC S/N TC-11. The TC model was a new design different from the Bi-Gun and parts are not interchangeable between Bi-Gun and TC.

The third is the LM-6 which was an updated and improved version of the TC. LM-6 and TC parts can be interchanged. My TC has beed updated with LM-6 parts. Both the TC and the LM-6 had very reliable triggers.

Ljutic now also has a newer Bi-Centennial model that is a different design from the first three. Clayton Hagen from Oregon won the Southwest Grand doubles shooting a Bi-Centennial model.

Adam Massey and I both are authorized Ljutic dealers for Utah. I think Adam has a Bi-Centennial model for sale. You can reach him at 435-789-7113.

John Ernst in Utah

7. ASHOT

ASHOT TS Member

Chip, I have two Bi-Guns I shoot now, One is a older one and the other is a newer Model. They both shoot great and have not giving me and more problems than the 4 Krieghoff I have.
    If you go with one I don't think you will be unhappy.

8. Kathryn

Kathryn TS Member

There were problems with the earlier model triggers. However, many of these guns have been sent back to factory to have the newer triggers installed, so if you are interested in an older Bi-Gun, call Nadine and find out if it has the upgraded triggers.

Kathy McLean
    Former Ljutic dealer (for 22 years)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic bi-gun history