1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me about Remington 90T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MikeInNPR, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

I have been following this model for some time but have never shot one. I found one locally for a pretty good deal but need some feedback from those that have them. I am looking at a low rib model. I'm aware of the updates and that Doug Breaker is the 90T guru.
    Looking for comments on swing/balance, recoil and the trigger.
    `ty

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I've had four 90Ts, liked them all and shot them well. The swing was good and not a lot of recoil. Triggers (I shot releases) were excellent.

BB

3. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

Made by Kolar for Remington. Had one, and shot it quite well. Low felt recoil, good trigger, (had Kolar fine tune it a little), and built like a tank.

4. FLIP

FLIP Member

my friends shoot them, both have firing pin holes being enlarged because of fiocchi primers other then that they like the gun

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Flip, I'd like to see a pic of those firing pin holes. I've yet to see even the smallest amount of deformity on a 90-T.

I've had others show me what appears at first an opening up of the firng pin holes, but upon further examination, the holes were fine. Because the firing pins pass through the face of the receiver at an angle, the appearence of the holes seem oval shaped.

If you were to take a round guage pin the sme size as the firing pin hole, you'll see that the hole is round and fits tight to the pin.

The 90-T does also have one of the largest in diameter firing pins, compared to all the other target guns.

Flip, I'm not going to doubt you, seeing the last 90-T was manufactured 14yrs ago, most of this guns have had one heck of alot a rounds shot through them. I, personally, have not seen a problem.

Doug

6. FLIP

FLIP Member

Gun DR. i felt the same way did not think it was opening up,but i notices on then empties the odd shapes of the primer after fired,they both tried up dating the firing pins,but its would still not fire some times,koler told them that its the hole opening up and to use fed or win primers.

7. djcuda

djcuda Member

The guns are built like a tank.Very low recoil and the pull trigger on them is very good.I do not think that you could go wrong in buying one.The swing and balance on these guns is very good also.I shoot an HPAR.
    Dave

8. setter

setter Member

A few year's back, Red McQuire won the CTC in Vandalia with a 90T.

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

MikeInNPR

I've got two. I've shot the low rib since the 1997 target year. Mr. Braker did a dandy job of tightened it up for me.

90-Ts are heavy. People with limited endurance or health issues sometimes find the weight to be problematic. Others, like me, think its a good thing. The mass helps soak up recoil. Once in motion they tend to stay in motion. That promotes (but doesn't guarantee) a smooth swing and follow thru.

Like most guns they have some idiosyncrasies.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.