1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Telivised Competition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by milfordshooter, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milfordshooter

milfordshooter TS Member

Does anyone remember the name of the TV shooting show a few years back, where two shooters would shoot at clays launched upwards and the backdrop was a half circle divided into grids? The higher the clay went when hit would determine the number of points the shooter would get. The faster the clay was broken would give the shooter higher points. The grids were also smaller at the base making it harder. The competition was held at night so the backdrop would be black and the half-circle grid would be illuminated for better visibility.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Starshot

3. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I remember it; Steve Kanaly who played Ray Krebbs on the Dallas TV series shot on it several times.

Ray

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

As I recall, I saw Dan Orlich and Jimmy Heller also shoot it.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Wonder if anyone has any video?

Rich in Indiana

6. milfordshooter

milfordshooter TS Member

Thanks everybody for the information. Yes, it was Star Shot. It was, at the time very exciting, and it is to bad it died out.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes it was filmed at Pachyrer now Trippe B in the early 90's. The lady you are thinking of was Terry Bankey. she was on the 1988 Olympic Team.

the last time I shot at Thripple B the system was rotting away.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.