1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Teknys Gold Target?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JN618, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Does anyone have any opinions on the Teknys Gold Target from Beretta? My only concern is that the comb is a sporting style and not a parallel. I shoot trap 99% of the time, but I'm interested in other games. Would the sporting stock effect my trap scores? Are there different combs available? I've had some great reports from people on this site whenever I ask questions. Any info Helps.

John Nelson
  2. oldeyes

oldeyes TS Member

Nov 18, 2009
    hay john
    I had an over under first when i got into shooting, then a friend of mine let me shoot his tenkys golden target well abought 15 days later i had one for myself. what a wonderfull gun. first take it to a pattern board and start adjusting the stock until it fits you right,then shoot it when you get home get ahold of Semuss Ocasey on shotgunworld he is in the i love my berretta section buy his book and you will be able to work on your gun, then take out the trigger assembly and remove the shell lifter and buy one that is from a later modle with a bend in it and assemble it on your trigger assembly and you wont have any problem. i probly shot mine 10,000 times and that and a set of springs that i put on myself [contact jim flin for springs]and havent had a problem at all.I shoot alot of 5 stand and sporting clays,also i just shot from the 27 yard line and got 18 on continental trap.
    Old Eyes
  3. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hi John, I shoot a Teknys Gold Target for trap. A friend had it, and was thinking of selling it. I took it to the range, and broke the first 25 targets with it. Sure I had to cover the bird, but I was sold. After changing the shims and fitting the gun, it works fine. I had Tron here on TS.com put an adjustable comb on it. I shoot it for trap, sporting, and 5 stand. I love mine, Thanks David
  4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Sep 17, 2007
    I had a Teknys Gold Target. Nice gun. It comes with 2 ribs and you can buy 2 more for different POI. The stock is adjustable and so is the comb all from the factory. a 30" barrel is the only barrel length that it comes with.
    I shot the gun for trap and it shot well. I also shot it for sporting clays and some some of my best score with it.
    The only I didn't like was how long the gun felt. I shoot a 34" unsingle gun for trap and thee 30" Gold Target felt longer. It could be that the auto has a longer reserver. Also I didn't care for the sound of the bolt sliding when the gun was fired and I had to pick up the empty hulls. ( I reload ).
    Beside that I would recommend the gun for someone wanting a high end very good autoloader.
  5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Consider the Parallel Target model...IMHO, a more universal configuration, trap, skeet and sporting clays.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Think about this-buy a standardar Beretta 391, with either the 30" or 32" barrel & have Dennis DeVault install one of his adjustable rib systems. Then install aan adjustable comb & butt plate. Now you'll have a real target crusher.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.