1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Teknys AL 391 ???? Urika AL 391 ???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I am asking ::::: What is the differance between the two, it seems that the Teknys has upgraded wood and fancier Reciever, my 391 has mobile Chokes ( Urika )

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Tekneys target models also have some difference I think in how the recoil spring / takes and absorbs shock in the stock--

All Tekneys models are not the same- target models are a lot more expensive

Dont know if this is hype/design/function/marketing

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Mechanically, the two guns are identical...all parts will interchange. But, if it's a Mobile barrel, you need a Mobile forearm, if it's Optima, you need an Optima forearm. The Teknys has removable ribs, one high and one low....but, sometimes they have a tendency to come loose (I think the newer ones have that problem solved). The Teknys also have blue side emblems that pop off as well.

If I were you, I'd just get a Urika....these guns are never going to be collectable and the Urika is a better "tool" in my opinion.

I think Gene is speaking of the Xtrema. The recoil spring is in the forearm on those and even though they call the gun a "391 Xtrema" it has little in common with it's namesake.

Tron

4. folothru

folothru Member

the teknys trap gun also had a recoil reducer from berreta inside the stock from the factory optima chokes forcing cone elongated

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

And I think the sporting clays teknys - the same as the trap teknys has that same recoil reducer in the stock--

The field Teknys dont

forget what "Little Al" says- he is a trouble maker, and one day I hope he learns something

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Chester White

Chester White Member

GN7777777 when you say "I think" it is obvious you don't know. If you know what you are talking about, say so. If not don't give out what may be incorrect information (which in this case was incorrect).

7. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

The recoil reducer can be bought from Beretta for aprox.$40.00, it will fit in the stock of both an Urika or Teknys---save the money & put in 8 oz of weight---both guns are the same except for detail & finish--better yet buy a Urika trap-send it out for an adj com & butt plate---you will now have a gun that will work for you & have good comb harware instead of the factory plastic junk---been there done that---Phil

8. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE WITH MY TEKNYS GOLD 391 TRAP, HAD IT 3 YEARYS NOW, I THINK IT SWEET SHOOTING GUN..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

al 391 urika teknys

beretta al 391 teknys fore arm cracked

what makes a urika 391 kick more than a teknys 391