1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tekny gold or urika 2 trap gun ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i have been waiting now for 6 months for a urika 2 from beretta australia and it looks like another 2 to 3 months before i get it i just dont know why but thats the way it is! i have just been told there is a tekneys gold trap in the next shipment and i could possably have that instead, any one used both and is there any real differance in handeling and matenance of them. i have used a tekneys but not a urika 2.i have used the 1100s the brownings,etc etc but you just can not get parts here so a 391 is it.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 2 are mechanically identical. I would opt for the Urika 2 being that I don't like how ribs, emblems and beads seem to come off of the Teknys so easily.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

If you are talking about the AL 391 Urika 2 Parallel Target w/ Optima barrel you should getting a great gun. I've seen issues finish wise on the Teknys I don't like.

I use a Urika Trap Optima (few years old) as a back up gun, and I own a Urika 2 Sporting Optima that I love for skeet and sporting clays. Soft shooters and adjustability.

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i'd second those comments-- emblems and finish on a techneys ?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 tekny trap

beretta urika gold optima vs urika 2

urika 2 as a skeet gun