1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tekneys 391 questions choke/doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hubdawg, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubdawg

hubdawg TS Member

My daughter has a used Tekneys that she got with no manual. When trying to shoot doubles(first time ever) she had problems with shells not feeding or hanging up on the second. Being a auto 5 and 1100 man I have no idea what the black button on the left side of the receiver is for or the button on the bottom feed. Any help would be appreciated. Also it seems to have a different thread than other berreta's for the choke, she would like a Briley Improved Mod for her 16yd. Still with all the problems she hit 32/50!

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

the black button on the left side of the reciever should be the magazine cutoff...it allows you to retain the magazines contents when you only want to unchamber the round you have up the pipe

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

hubdawg this is your lucky day.I found a owners manual for a teknys and a ts shell catcher today while looking for a bolt closer for a 391.i had a teknys for a very short time.so here is the deal. i will send you the manual,the catcher,and a carlson's .708 IM optima extended choke that was for the teknys i had.how does that sound?

4. hubdawg

hubdawg TS Member

Sounds great, How much?

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The problem is more than likely a bent carrier. It needs to be either replaced with one from a 390/303 or it can be bent to add the needed rigidity. I would also suggest shooting it "wet" with Breakfree CLP.

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Lubricate the rail with CLP and it should work,I had the same problem.PJ

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Listen to Tron.

8. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

hubdawg, how about free.pm me your address.you can buy me a cold one when your daughter wins the grand.lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.