1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Teflon coating???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen or had any experience with Teflon coatings for a trap or similar gun? Do they look like the inside of a frying pan or are they a deeper blue/black as you would expect a gun to appear? I am aware of the positives of Teflon but would like to hear what knowledgeable people think.

Thanks, Marc

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Marc... I have had 2 guns teflon coated. One was a Perazzi TMS and the other a Remington 90T. I had the entire gun done on both of them, ie; receivers, trigger assys, forend irons, and barrels. Doug Braker, the Gun Dr. did both of them. The finish looks very much like an anodized barrel, or parkerized barrel. Black teflon is black teflon. I really like the way the finish looks and would do it again in a heartbeat. For durability, it can't be beat... To see pictures of what one looks like, see my thread on here titled: F/S 34" Perazzi TMS With Release Trigger"..... Dan Thome

3. msmith

msmith Member

I had my kolar barrel Teflon finished by Doug Braker. Looks like the Kolar mat finish. It is holding up excellent. I am very hard on coatings and blueing because of my hands. I wore a spot in the factory finish in 4 months. Dougs teflon coating is the only way to go for me. Mike

4. RobPete

RobPete Member

Trap2, Can you please PM me Doug Barker's contact info?

Thanks,
    RobPete

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rob,
    Following is the contact info for Doug Braker:

Doug's Gunsmith Shop,
    3929 8th St SW,
    Backus, MN 56435
    218-947-3600

His web site listed above.
    Hope this helps, Marc

6. RobPete

RobPete Member

Thanks Marc. I've been looking to get a handgun coated for some time now. I'll consider it an early Christmas present......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.