1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

As in most cases. He should have known better. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

He's from Detroit.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

He's a loud mouth Jacka$$ who feels he's above the law.

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Uncle Ted is really the outdoorsman. Has to use C'mere Deer attractant and then takes a young illegal spike buck along with another buck. Yet a lot of people idolize him as a great American hunter. Needs to quit his needless rambling dialogue and learn some state game laws. Plea Bargained down the 11 counts to $1750 fine and No Contest. I would have thought Uncle Ted would have taken it like a man and accepted his punishment for being "guilty". Must not want to be responsible for his actions.

DoubleAuto

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont like him either but at least he is pro gun

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Have you ever seen any of his disgusting "Hunting" videos? In a nut shell, they parade animals in front of him so that he can get a good shot and when he makes the shot, he acts like a complete A$$! Not what a "true" sportsman is in my opinion.

7. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

He has money,So the fine was easy to pay!Ignorance?In New Mexico the area I hunt is foot or horseback only.If you are caught in an ATV or truck the fine is $50.00!! I pay an outfitter $150.00 to pack out my elk with horses.More than not the ATV's are used and the locals realize that the state cannot afford to police the area.Ted should be fined way more.PJ

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I always wondered just how many deer uncle Ted can eat. It seems his justification for hunting is 'natural state protein' but his dead animal count suggests something else. Pretty extreme kind of guy with a history that doesn't really follow his current words of wisdom.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"I dont like him either but at least he is pro gun"</I></blockquote>

...so are many other people who AREN'T self-important, obnoxious loud-mouths who frequently confuse being loud with being right.

He is an insecure little man who hides behind a showman's loud, larger-than-life public persona. He's so afraid that someone is plotting to take what he has that he has set out to convince as many people as possible that what's good for Ted is also good for them and that everyone should want what Ted wants and have what Ted has. His goal... to gather a horde of letter-writers and phone-callers to his cause... and he actually charges THEM for the privilege of helping HIM get and keep what HE wants.

Ted isn't supporting your cause as much as you are supporting his. He feeds off getting attention. Unfortunately, the kind of attention he gets from the anti-gun movement does nothing at all to further his cause or anyone else's.

MK

10. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

If you don't like Ted for anything else, you should like him for being an energetic and outspoken gun rights advocate. Let's quit hammering people that are supporting our cause.

11. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

I'm an Uncle Ted fan! Too bad that a simple mix-up of rules came to this. Ted Nugent has been an outspoken supporter of CA. conservation Officers. The $1750. won't hurt him but it could have been handled better by CA Fish and Wildlife. Maybe a fine with no violation recorded and a concert to benefit Youth hunters, Women in the Outdoors or something similar.

Looks to me to be one more reason to stay the heck out of California if you enjoy guns or hunting.

Eddie Quire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.