1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Nugent to plead guilty in illegal kill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — "Rocker and wildlife hunter Ted Nugent has agreed to plead guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in southeast Alaska..."

http://news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-agrees-plead-guilty-illegal-kill-003506839.html

2. m70win

m70win Member

Sounds like were he was hunting has some strange hunting regulations I've never encountered.

3. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

Skeet410 it just thrills you to death to try and make Uncle Ted look bad when all you do is show what a jealous little weasel you are......how many times where you the last one picked for everything. Your the type of guy that people just loved to kick his ass for being a retard...grow up and find something else to talk about.

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Uncle Teddy shot and lost a bear while filming a hunt video. He obviously thought that the $10,000 fine was worth it to continue to make the video and break the law while hunting and killing a second and illegal bear. He was allowed only one and the lost bear was it. Oh well it's petty cash to the phony Tedster. Bill

5. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Ted is wrong. He knew the rules and chose to break them. As a hunter safety instructor, I teach hunting ethics, which includes the statement that: "Character is doing the right thing, even if no one is watching." Sorry Ted. This comes from a TEA partier, and card-carrying NRA'er

6. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Your both full of DUDU. He shot a bear that he wounded with an arrow, using a rifle. Seems to be better than letting it go into the forest wounded.
    Feds were after him before that and now are still trying to get him by having all states not allowing him to hunt there. So far only the CORRUPT REPUBLIK OF KALIFORNIA has done this.
    Working as a hunting guide in Montana I was obliged by law to shoot and kill any animal that was wounded by my hunter if he couldnt or wouldnt kill the animal.
    One such incident took me to court by a hunter from Chicago,Ill who shot an Elk 2 times and was letting it go as I said you must kill it or I will have to and I did. Judge threw out the case against me.

7. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

If his license was for a bow, then killing the bear with a rifle is illegal. We may not like having awounded animal escape, but he should know the law. Why did he need a rifle to finish the hunt?

8. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Read carefully. The story says he was charged for illegally possessing a black bear after he had wounded but not recovered another. Apparently, the first bear shot, but not recovered had filled his tag, None of the places I have hunted in the past have similar regs.

Nor could I find it in the Alaska regulations here: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/regulations/wildliferegulations/pdfs/general.pdf

Or in the Alaska regs specific to black bear hunting listed here:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=blackbearhunting.blackbrown

Where have you hunted that this principle of possession was applied?

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

skeeter britches,

They must have thrown you off the other site since you're back trolling on this one.

You remind me of a sh$t salesman with a mouth full of samples.

Troll on.....

10. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

After listening to Nugent explain that the Alaskan judge in his case has never heard of this law himself, I'm inclined to believe that this is a case of selective enforcement meant to try to silence his aggressive criticism of the current administration.

11. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Guys & Gals,

The weather is cool down under, sunny and dry, rain is badly needed for the crops.

Vaporize HIM

12. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Guys & Gals,

The weather is cool down under, sunny and dry, rain is badly needed for the crops.

Vaporize HIM

13. tachyon

tachyon Member

It was 91 here yesterday, tied a record.

Only 72 today and it is predicted that we won't reach 50 tomorrow. Typical spring. If you don't like the weather wait a couple of hours.

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

He probably didn't know the law and my guess is this is the liberals at the top were using the system to "get him". I am not the least suprised at that! Probably selective enforcement for political reasons!

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So if Nugent didn't break the law, if he was railroaded, framed, set-up, if he was treated in a discriminatory manner, why did he plead guilty? Why didn't he fight the charges. Make his case in court, then fight through the appellate courts? Make his case in the media? Use this case and his notoriety rock-star stature to make high-light the inequity of the law?

BECAUSE HE WAS GUILTY! He wimped out...again.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

80 degrees today and absolutely beautiful. Now the weather man is saying 65 and thunderstorms tomorrow. Oh well, I guess we need the rain.

17. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

i am a bow hunter and anyone that has ever bow hunted has hit a animal sometime or another and not recovered it, and that don't mean it died, shot a 8 pointer one time in oct. hit the shoulder, that same deer was killed in nov by a gun hunter the broadhead was in the shoulder and grisled over the deer would have survived xcept for a shot gun slug that it was shot with in gun season, nugnet could have hit that bear high between the top of the ribs and under the backbone the bear would have survived, we call that no man's land i know deer will, been their, done that....dk

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

for the little wimp mrs meet.....

BTW,,,,,did you "forget" where the whites only gun club is,,,,,,haven't seen you post it on here,,,,liar......

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

birddogs46,

I am a long time bow hunter and unfortunatly I have lost deer because of poor shot placement on my part. It's not something I am ever happy about but is a fact of life when bow hunting. I have tracked deer for literally a day and half and lost them. It happens and I do see your point.

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

SO...the general consensus is, that you can just keep shooting game until you hit one good enough to kill it? I can understand game getting away, but where do you draw the line? Do you let every hunter decide when enough is enough? Seems that did not work very well when it was practiced years ago.

I could look it up, but I'll just go on recall here, but in the past, and I believe it was Finland, or one of the Scandinavian countries, that in order to be allowed to hunt large game in their country you had to pass a running target test and if you did not satisfy their requirements, you were sent home. It did not matter where you were from or how much you spent.

It's asking alot, but hunters should not be able to wound bears and give up and go on to shoot another. There's no excuse for wounding dangerous game, and just getting a pass because you "claimed" you could not locate it.

This "entertainer", of all people, deserves what ever he gets in this deal. It may be different if it were the first time he's been caught. From the sounds of things, he's been caught before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.