1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Nugent on deer hunting...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ted Nugent on deer hunting .....

Ted Nugent was recently being interviewed by a French journalist. The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it . Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, "What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The Great White Buffalo speaks.

3. southpark

southpark TS Member

Even when younger I'm afraid Nugent's music was lost on me, but hearing him speak over the years has really made me a fan in a way. Even if I don't agree with everything he says, he sure seems to be able to speak rapidly and give the impression of depth of thought. I'm sure he's a very smart person.

If this thing is a joke it is certainly funny; if it is true it is priceless.

4. vanman

vanman TS Member

I don't like his show much. Some of his music is OK but if this is true???? then I would high-five for a fast thinking great come-back.

5. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Ted Nugent is a great guitar player, love his music, and intensity! If I shot trap like he plays guitar my average would be perfect. Listen to what he says, he is extemely intellegent when it comes to conservation, and especially hunting. The reason why some have a problem with him is his delivery, it is a bit radical. He is a very competitive person, being a rock star would make all of us that way (we should be so lucky). Uncle Ted, ROCK ON!!!!

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

Well gentlemen!!!! I'll tell ya,,,,I watched a bowhunt featured on Spirt of the Wild,,,,When he got to the point that he was saying "father,son,holy ghost" as he released an arrow,,that did it for me!!!!!! Changed the channel as fast as humanly possible,,cussing to myself that old ted has done gone ^%$#-in crazy!!!!!!!!!

He talks too much,,and what comes out of his mouth is best kept off the television,,,He is now seen as "odd" to most mature men,,,and as a spokesperson would be more of a liability than an asset.........

AKA Grammie..........

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, Grammie, Ted has taken undrprivileged ghetto kids from chicago out in the woods and taught them respect for nature, and how to hunt.

Must have stopped talking for a little while................

HM

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sure beats listening to The Dixie Chicks.

9. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I'd like to see Ted as President of the NRA. He is highly intelligent and has great oratory skills. I have heard him debate TV liberals many times on hunting, guns etc and he really holds his own. He would be a far better representative than the current stiffs that represent us in Washington DC.

Real Hussman

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I would have to question if the actual question was from a French reporter because PETA is non-existant in France. One thing you can say about the French is that ehy love to hunt and know exactly where him or her stands in the food chain.

Ronbo

11. justdust

justdust TS Member

I guess that those of us who see Mr. Nugent as a clone of Howard Stern (a loud, obnoxious sensationalist) won't be equally represented in this thread???

Mick Holloway

12. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I like his music but I do not like the way he shows disrespect to the game he hunts. Anyone who hunts my place and would act like he does would not be hunting on my farm for long. As a part of NRA I would have to say no because of the fact he goes off to much. As for the opening post here. I have nothing bad to say about what he said to the Frence. He did good on that point.

13. moonpie

moonpie TS Member

Uncle Nuge is ooo-tay in my book

14. Joe G. NJ

Joe G. NJ TS Member

Not sure exactly how I feel about Ted, but I thought that was a pretty funny answer. Good for him.

Joe G. NJ

15. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Personally, I'm a big fan of Uncle Ted, would love to have him in my deer camp. Not everyone likes him, but if you could find one animal lover that has ever put him in a position he couldn't get out of, maybe you would have a reason for not liking him. I've never personally seen that, though.

Gargoyle,

How does he disrespect the game he hunts?

16. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I like Ted Nugent. Some of the things he sez make me cringe but he has balanced the scales and done a lot more good than bad. He has courage to say what he thinks and stands up for all of us on many important issues. Like all packages the good comes with the maybe not so good. But the important thing is he creates more good than bad. If the above comment is true "excellent!"

Mike

17. grammie

grammie TS Member

Disrespect of game animals????? From teds own show,,,,,,,,,,after putting an arrow into a game animal,,and seeing it limp away carring a leg,,or gut shot,,and then seeing Ted or some other nimrod grinning like a coon dog eating its own shit,,pumping their fist is DISRESPECT in its lowest form!!! Just once I'd like to see him or any other hang their head in shame over that bad shot or at least be enough of an "archer/hunter" to git rid of the mechanical release and use fingers,,using fingers only,,your're not inclined to take risky shots,,or shots to far for your ability because of over confidence attainted NOT BY GOOD PRACTICE,,but with a release!!!!! That is NOT archery/hunting...............

You DO NOT on television walk up to a downed animal yank it around by its head,,with its tounge hanging out,,with the instrument of its death laying on its side!!!!!!!! That is bad television!!!

Out of camera range,,you stick the tounge back into the beasts mouth,,wipe away any trace of blood,,and you do not sit ON the deer!!!

All of that is "disrespect" to not only the game animal,,but to the "sport" of hunting as well.........

You show respect to an animal as regal as the deer can be,,or bear,,or elk,,because it lives in a place YOU CAN'T,,under circumstances you couldn't live with!!! And when you get close enough to take that animal with a bow,,then you have done your job well,,and much better than most!!!! Even when young,,I knew enough to pat that downed animal with my hand,,sit silent for awhile and just think my own thoughts..........

AKA Grammie.............

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Every year for the past twenty years he gets put out in Alaska with nothing but a hunting knife and is not picked up for two weeks.Some parade. Jeff

19. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Lustin L, I hope Grammie, Tron and Literalist answered your question. All thre of you did well with your posts. Lustin L, I turned onn the TV and saw Ted in the woods and he was saying things like " ha ha I killed this deer. LETS GO OUT AND KILL ANOTHER ONE HAHAHAHA". That is disrespect to the game and the sport. I shoot I harvist the game. I shoot its one shot or I don't take it. No if ands or buts about it. I also expect the people who hunt my farm to act the same and do the same and they do. They to respect the game and the hunt. And yes I have had some people here who liked to stick a deer, shoot at a deer and so on. Once I found that out and they said "thats the way I hunt" Well Ok then please don't come back. Everyone else who hunts my farm backed me up 100%. We all don't like the way Ted has hunted or show how we hunters really are in the woods.

20. Edward Turner

Edward Turner TS Member

Careful Tron, he'll go pull a hubcap off of his house and smack you with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does ted nugent shoot with a release or use his fingers
ted nugent french reporter

ted nugent on shooting young deer

ted nugent thoughts on trapping
ted nugent words for deer