1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Kennedy is dead

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Dahaub, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

RIP to the Senator from Mass. He touched many pieces of legislation in his tenure as a Senator and will be missed by those who have held him in their hearts for the accomplishments he and those like him have made in Washington. Surprisingly even the conservatives will miss him as he was a target of their rage and now he is gone. Dan

2. philk

philk Member

Never one to speak ill of the dead but he should have died in prison for a double murder....

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I hope they bury him on Chappaquiddick.

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

A true spokesman for all that is wrong with liberalism. Perhaps he knows better now. Born with a silver cup and never put it down.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

A semi professional drinker, womanizer, and legislator whose goals run counter to the occupants of about 90% of the land area of his country. Yup, a great guy, but no different from most of the members of our House of Representatives and Senate. Maybe he would be interested in the MM neighboring crypt at $55,000 "Buy it Now" on ebay. It is a bargain compared to the over four million bid in the original attempt to sell it. I wonder if JFK ever shared MM with his brothers? Not that there's anything wrong with that!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nothing lasts forever, not even a Kennedy. I'm with eightbore, and have to add I wonder why the voting public would buy his stuff for that long.

He was a Senator because he didn't want to paint a target on himself by going for President, after seeing what it did to his 2 brothers.

RIP, Camelot.

HM

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You have to love the media, now that he is gone, He was the "greatest" senator that ever walked the isle!!

A politican that takes an oath and fails to keep it, is worthless in my book.

8. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I guess he made it all the way over the Bridge this time.

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

"A politician that takes an oath and fails to keep it, is worthless in my book."

Pretty much puts most of 'em in the same basket!

AndyH ;-)

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I've asked my 2 senators about their oath of office(WA.state)and why have they not kept it.

Their responce, still waiting!! 2 months and counting!

11. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Ted Kennedy - He had the family and the money; all the opportunity in the world.

His legacy: Hero of Chappaquiddick (had a chance to be a man and blew it)! Lamb of the Senate (took the easy way out with emotional libralism! Boozer Supreme!

A squandered life ... too bad.

RIP, Mr. Kennedy. only God knows where.

Now to put up with his three weeks of eulogys.

Dave

PS I have no hate of the man, just mild disgust.

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

It would be hypocritical of me to start saying nice things about Kennedy when I despised everything he represented. My condolences to his family, but I had no use for the man.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I rarely say anything about those who have passed on but Ted Kennedy lived far to long and now that he and M Jackson are gone the air smells better already ... Hope they are together in Hell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. ismah

ismah Member

Kennedy was part of my country. I've heard his name most of my life. He was the 'third brother'. I'm sorry he's gone. I think in a distant way he impacted my life in both positive and negative ways. I never believed in the 'Camelot' thing but when a traditional figure leaves us I think our great country is just that much more diminished.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

"I never could understand the folks who say they won't speak ill of the dead. If a guy is a SOB while he's alive, how does dying change that??? He's a just a dead SOB now."

EE hit the nail on the head. Death does NOT elevate a scumbag to the status of sainthood.

It DOES make the air smell fresher.

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Upon the passing of this man I will not shed a tear nor say a kind word.

17. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

GOOD THE POS IS GONE

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

Even from Alberta I say good. So much for his health care dream. Trevor Dawe.

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ismah, the only thing diminished in our country is the trash that was in it. He was a P.O.S. Bulge.

20. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

AMF !!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.