1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Technology You HATE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jul 19, 2013.

1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Like most folks, I enjoy modern technology and use it every day. But what technology has come out out that you actually hate, and why?

I'll go first -- these new damn soda machines that recently started appearing at casual restaurants like 5-Guys and Moe's Southwest Grill. The first time you use one it seems kind of cool to have about 130 drink choices available at the touch of a button. But then you get stuck in line behind 4 kids, each of whom can't decide which of the 8 different flavors of Hi-C or 6 flavors of Coke they want.

...So they try them all.

-Gary
    gw22_2008_0303334.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I hate Fuel injection. You can't shut the ignition off, pump the crap out of the throttle and then turn the ignition back on for a huge backfire that makes people walking on the sidewalk chit their pants. Ahh, the good old days of Glasspacks, Quadrajet carburetors and bald tires.

3. avery53

avery53 Member

Self check outs at Home Depot!

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The beginning of the end came with the introduction of ExLax. I mean, jeez, what the heck was wrong with prunes, anyhow?

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    LOL, I used to do that with some of my old cars. One was particularly loud. Panicked everyone when it backfired.

As for the new cola machine, at least it gives me diet cherry Dr. Pepper, so i'm willing to trade off some annoyance for getting what I want.

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

How about those "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" CAR ALARMS THAT EVERYONE IGNORES BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOME IDIOT HIT THE WRONG BUTTON OR FORGOT HOW TO SHUT THOSE BEEPING (DIFFERENT USE FOR BEEP , CENSOR) THINGS OFF!

Especially at 2:00 A.M. when the bars close up!!!

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Spell-checkers, grammar-checkers...all that crap. There's already too few obstacles for dumb people in this world. Why bend over backwards to remove more?

For example, an internet news article appeared today, reporting on a politician's "rebuttle" to charges made against him. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Let that twit walk around in life with a scarlet "D" attached to his forehead.

Plus, the technology itself is stupid. The software thought police don't like certain words, so on a gunsmith forum, you end up writing stuff like, "First, c*ck the hammer..."

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

How about when Sears decided to add a laser to virtually every tool made? I think they made a Craftsman toilet plunger with a laser on it.

-Gary

9. newbbs

newbbs Member

Fireworks should self-destruct at midnight on the 4th. It took two weeks for all of the bottle rockets and fire crackers to explode in the surrounding neighborhood to quieten all the dog barking.

I really enjoy taking the granddaughter to a public fireworks show, but enough is enough.

Newb

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Some idiot across the bay from me shot fireworks until 11 last night. A bunch of real BOOMERS too.......Grrrrr !

11. windyflat

windyflat Member

I work for Coke so I guess I'm kinda fond of that freestyle fountain machine

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How about the hand held speed radar gun. You know how much money those things have personally cost me over the years? Lets go back to the days when Barney Fife could see a car go by and just automatically know its speed. LOL

13. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Active Member

All of the new cars that the directional blinkers don't work in!

14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Voicemail. Push button 1, etc. 10 choices later you may get where you were going in the first place then you get such and such is not at their desk or might be on another call.
    At the tone please leave a message. Oh yeah we value your call. Grr!

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Cell phones that work when a person is supposed to be driving. Six, count them, six Dead friends since October of 2006 due to stupid, ignorant people that think their phone call is more important than other peoples Lives.

NOBODY is too important to pull off the road to make a phone call.

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Windoze Live Mail.

Bob Falfa