1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Technichoke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johannvdg, Feb 17, 2017.

1. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

Morning all

I was fortunate to pick up a dainty little SbS 28ga Franchi, for bird hunting over my GSP's and getting my son into shotgunning.

I started reloading for it and it is sweet to shoot, the only hiccup I have had is with the chokes, it only came with a set of 3, and I would like to expand it to a full set, maybe with an additional IC for shooting Skeet, I was 1st advised that all Franchi's use the Mobilchoke System, and I almost ordered the chokes, but then I had a closer look and the chokes are Technichokes.

I am struggling to find any real information on the choke system and possible replacement chokes.

Is there any after market chokes available?

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

3. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

Thanks that was the only reference I found as well, sent them a mail, to find out if they have local agents from whom I could get.

I was hoping that someone on here may know if any of the after market chokes my be interchangeable with this system.

4. flashmax

5. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

I know the o/u Franchi 's use the Mobilchoke system, the SbS seems to be an anomaly.

I'll contact Briley and ask if the Mobilchoke is compatible with the Technichoke system, if it is, it will be an easy proposition to just get some sent.

Yes, the South African bit is what complicates it a little.

6. flashmax

From the Technichoke website they look to be aftermarket. But. I'm not certain they are.

If they are aftermarket then the Mobilchokes will screw right in. Like folks buy the Briley brand chokes to replace or enhance the OEM chokes.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd say the prior owner sold the gun with a set of 3 tech chokes, I too have a F. 20ga Renaissance Classic O/U and it uses B mobil chokes.

If I were you, I'd get some extra Mobil chokes and use with what you already have?

HAP

8. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

Thanks for the reply Hap, I bought it new, it only came with 3 chokes, I was sort of hoping that someone on here could confirm that the Technichoke is interchangeable with the Mobilchoke and that would then be the way to go, but alas.

I have tracked down someone with a Beretta 28ga gun in an adjacent city, I will take a drive over there during the week, to see if they are interchangeable, if they are, I'll just order a set of Mobil's.

9. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

So according a gunsmith they are not interchangeable, apparently they look similar, but the thread is different.

Seems that I will just have to bite the bullet and order them. No feedback yet from Briley, as to whether any of their offerings will work.

I see Midwest Gun Works and Cheaper Than Dirt has stock, but Midwest does not stock Skeet chokes, any reason not to get them from Cheaper than Dirt, except the name, otherwise would rather get an additional IC, in stead of 2 Skeet chokes.

10. jhruzek

jhruzek TS Member

I live in Houston. I have the Franchi Aspire, also with the Technichoke tubes. Brileys does not currently have tubes that will fit our guns. The MOBIL tubes will not fit. Brileys will make custom tubes to fit it, but at over $80/tube. Hope that helps.

11. johannvdg

johannvdg Active Member

Thank you, I'll just have to get the original Technichokes then.

Have started the process, waiting for local Fair agents to get back to me.