1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tebow to the Patriots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sundogs8, Jun 11, 2013.

1. sundogs8

sundogs8 Member

I predict he will be asked to change positions - maybe as a tight end?

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have seen this scenario many times with my hapless lions. Biiiig mistake. When they're done they're done. With few exceptions. You had better hope your superstar qb has an injury free year. Bill

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Tebow was not given a just chance with the Jets because of ryans bullheadedness. He will play a dual role as whatever and back up QB. I wish the Bills would have snapped him up...they've certainly done much worse.

4. drgondog

drgondog Member

Steve Young said that in his opinion Tebow has the skill set to be mentored into a good passer - not great, but NFL quality.

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be any bashing if he would quit grandstanding his faith.

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Yakimaman...are you against the first amendment right to free speech? It is the media who make more of a big deal out of Tebows faith than he did. There are plenty of NFL players when after scoring touchdowns they point to the heavens and also in baseball. With so many thugs in the NFL its refreshing to have a clean cut role model like Tebow.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

The biggest problem Tebow will encounter is not the head coach, but the starting quarterback's wife.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The thing that is so sorry and torques my A$$ is the NFL is loaded with criminals and the media adores them but if a guy is a righteous Christian, it is nonstop bashing

9. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I have always admired Tim Tebow and wish him a successful NFL career. But I hope Belichick will sit him and give him the "football facts of life" that his best bet to stick around is at another position and maybe as a situational quarterback.

10. Gunnerx11

Gunnerx11 TS Member

Catpower, Well said!

Gunnerx11

11. darr

darr Well-Known Member

A good human with an ugly throwing motion. How this guy, who by anybody's standard, is a hard working, athletic football player who has played and been coached to play QB since he was 8 years old. And can't throw the ball any better than he does is mind boggling.

His high school and college coaches should be held responsible for the poor state of his throwing motion. I understand he won in high school and college, but coaches do have some responsibility to teach fundamentals. He also should have known that his fundamentals would not hold up at the next level.

I hope he will succeed in the long run. He's in the right place with the right coaching to fix his flaws. I like rooting for admirable people.

Darr

12. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I think that Tim Tebow BROKE EVERY SEC conference passing record. And do not forget that Peyton Manning played in the SEC. This throwing motion crap is like politics--The guy is a winner-Period.

13. jhoward

jhoward Member

Tebow is a great guy, everyone says he's a great leader. Good guy to have in the locker room, always positive, works hard, and sets a good example. I'm a Florida fan and a Tebow fan, but he did not break every SEC passing record.

Passing Yards - 12th All Time
    Completed Passes - 19th All Time
    Completion Percentage - 2nd All Time
    Touchdowns - Tied for 4th All Time
    Yards per Attempt - 1st All Time
    Pass Attempts - 26th All Time

He is behind Peyton Manning in every category except Completion % and YPA. With the exception of those two stats, he's not even first among Florida QB's as both Chris Leake and Danny Wuerffel are ahead of him in most categories.

14. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thanks jhoward for the correction. Dennis.

15. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Update for JHoward, I refer you to SI (Sports Illustrated) and the article with the factural history of the six top QBs of the sec. Written by Kerry J. Byrne and entitled "The Cold Hard Football Facts. Here he lists all of the stats(including those of Peyton Manning--By far and away Tim Tebow outshines them all with a QB rating that is unheard of for his career at 120!!! Passing is only one aspect of a QB and as one can see -Tebows stats are off of the charts.And statistically possibly the very best college player of all time.(these are the words of Mr. Byrne).

16. jhoward

jhoward Member

Got a link to the article?

I don't argue that Tebow was a great college player, you'll note I said I am a Florida fan and I do like Tebow. However, being a great college player doesn't always make one a great pro player. A lot of the things that Tebow is good at don't translate as well to the pro game. In college he was one of the biggest, fastest guys on the field, that's not the case in the pros. His receivers at Florida were also some of the best in the country, often playing against DB's that weren't at the same level. The pro game is different. You don't often see receivers having a 5 yard gap between themselves and the defender. The windows that they have to throw through are smaller. Accuracy becomes much more important.

I couldn't care less about Tebow's throwing motion or how long it takes him to release the ball. But his accuracy needs work. Look at the stats I posted above, he had a high completion % and a high YPA, which means a lot of his throws were deep balls to receivers who had gotten behind the defense and could make adjustments to the pass.

I was hoping he'd end up in either Washington or Carolina, I think he'd be a great backup to either RGIII or Cam Newton. They play a similar style and those teams wouldn't have to change their offense if they needed to go to Tebow like they would with a conventional backup.

I won't debate that he may have been the greatest college football *player* ever, there's too much room for opinion there with different eras, different rules, etc. But I would argue that he was not the greatest *passer* ever in college football, which is what your original post implied.

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Tebow has a 46% completion percentage in the pros. Regardless of what he did in college 46% aint gonna cut it in this era of the NFL.

Darr

18. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Not really--Josh answers to Belichek.

19. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Amazing a washed up 2nd rate basketball player "comes out" and the media & hollyweird have orgasmic reactions, yet you let a good person who I want our young to emulate and all that you hear is negative coments.....Go figure!!

20. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well said, Sir Missalott.