1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tea Party attendance?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by colonel klink, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Today is the tea party rallies throughout this country. Just curious if anyone here plans on attending any of the rallies. I am going to the one
    in St. Louis this afternoon being held in Koehner Plaza. This should be
    interesting. Wish I could be at the one held at the Alamo. Glenn Beck is to be there. Heard him speak before, great!! Colonel

2. Trab

Trab TS Member

Yep, The Alamo. Marcus Luttrell, Ted Nugent and Glen Beck will be the speakers.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I could not get the time off from work! The major differance in the 2 parties

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Will we get to burn buildings, break out windows and overturn and burn cars like they do at left-wing protests? Like Obama's buddies would.

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I will be attending the one in Madison,Wisconsin. The last I heard it is not well covered by the drive by media. I will post latter on turn out.

Ken Cerney

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Going to the AZ event at the Capitol.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

ACORN will be at most of them to stir up sh!t. MSLSD had people on their station calling them Tea Bagging parties. They are such idiots, and for the sexual reference on tv from that wacko station. Let's see... Rachel Maddow? Humm need I say more? I was at one of the local tea parties for awhile and along with Republicans and Democrats, it's seems to me it's all about free speech and tax and spend government. We had about 300 where I was and they moved it to another town. Lansing MI has about 2000-3000 now and growing. Joe the plumber will be there later today. The local media even showed one gentleman with his sidearm (open carry) out there and had a sign about I'll keep my guns and you keep your change. Something like that. Good for him.

Also, this sight may be on the DHS watch list and being monitored. Don't you know, we are gun nuts and right wing radicals? Above is the DHS report.

Jerbear

8. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I just got back from the rally and it was great. They said about 5,000 in attendance. There were NO burned cars or broken windows so I know Acorn was not there. A lot of great signs. Lets keep the movement going.

Ken Cerney

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Keep the pressure on girls and boys. We're in for a long haul.

10. RAScott

RAScott Member

Makes me proud of what we can do. The drive by doesnt want to play? they are still talking about Obama's dog. We need to call our representives and keep the pressure on AND THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!! THEY WORK for US, Not the other way around!!!

Bob S

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

2500+ attended at Boise

12. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Wife and I went to a gathering today in Western Wa. and had a great time. Lots of honks and thumbs up. One young upriver type of Foxtrot Uniform clan. Not bad for Western Wa.. Get off your butt and go; you'll feel better about our country.

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Just got back, attendance was great. Parade down main street, followed by a young lady who sang the national anthem, unbelievable voice. The crowd made her sing it three times. This was followed by a number of guest speakers. HMB

14. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

The media is not giving this serious attention. What we do see is kind of a laugh off. At the end one anouncer said "then they paid their taxes". Only serious civil disobedience gets the media's attention. Michael

15. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I was at the Alamo yesterday early in the day...went to see the Alamo, not realizing until I got there that the tea party was scheduled for later that evening. I left about 4:30 and there really didn't seem to be too many people at that time, however, the Alamo Plaza is a very small space and they had blocked off several key streets so traffic was congested.

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Kinda reminded me of the "I have a Dream" march....

Curt

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Attended the Tea Party in Warren, OH (a hot bed of Union workers & mainly Democrats) and I was surprised about the good turnout. I would estimate over 500 young, old, vets, blacks & whites. More than half had signs. The best one, "Obama, Reid, Pelosi, the Axis of Taxes." What was funny, the UAW changed their ralley from May to April 15th, I guess to compete with the Tea Party. What they don't comprehend, it's their children will have to pay. This issue should cross all party lines, it's not a Republican issue but one of fiscal respnsibility and all of our futures. BT-100dc

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

Curt, It was an "I have a dream" march... It was " I have a Dream, Not to get Reamed" march...

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm on vacation, so I attended the one in Fort Myers, FL. Good turnout (several hundred, but less than a thousand is my guess). Lots of well-spoken, average family-type people, which was perfect. There were a couple of half-wit hillbillies spewing nonsense about their intentions for the President, which they were too stupid to realize was an arrestable offense. Thankfully, they were quickly frustrated by the absence of available alcohol, and were off on a beer run before the media started interviewing the crowd.

Speaking of that, we all need to be aware that we need to police our own in these difficult times. The liberal media loves nothing more than to get one of these toothless morons on camera saying preposterous things and tie them to the rest of us as though we are all the same. When out in public forums, we need to speak intelligently, respectfully and thoughtfully, and keep the ignorant among us back home locked-up in the shed until the cameras and reporters are gone. This is true of politics in general and of gun ownership in particular. How many times have you seen someone at the range or a gun show behaving or talking like a fool and thought, "Wow -- that must be how the non-gun owning public perceives people who own guns." I know I've felt that way many times. It is more important than ever to separate ourselves from the idiots. Talk to the young people about it. Make sure they understand their stewardship and how important it is. It only takes one ignorant fool to make us all look bad. We can't afford that right now.

-Gary

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

For those who couldn't make it to ant Tea Party.... here is Glen Becks who show.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yznmWdLZh5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yznmWdLZh5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The above link is for all the videos. enjoy.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.