1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TD Bank ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

OK, I just drove by a brand new built TD Bank down the street and they have a big sign on the street that says "Open 7 Days A Week". I never thought I'd see the day where a bank was open 7 days a week!!! I remember when it was a big thing when they changed practice and opened for a half day on Saturdays!!! How many of you have noticed this??? What types of banks are open 7 days a week by you??? Break-em all. Jeff

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

INTERNET BANKS

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I hear that the bank in Walmart is open 24/7. A man just told me he cashes his pay check at midnight so he gets his money as soon as the check is valid. I do not know, I do not shop or bank there. I tried to be a banker in the mid 70's. we closed the lobby for lunch and we were closed at dinner time Fri nights and reoppened for two hours, from 6-8PM. That was considered being really convienent those days. People would be lined up 8 deep across all the teller windows.

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The TD bank here in Ontario has been open on sun. for awhile now.
    If you didn't already know TD is Toronto Dominion Canada Trust.

They bought up hundreds of US banks a couple of years ago, not sure how many states they are in..

5. kene

kene TS Member

Several years ago TD bank from Canada bought Commerce Bank HQ'd in NJ -- Commerce was started by Vernon Hill using a "fast food" philosophy -- open long hours [7 days per week at many branches] - convenient [lots of branches and geographic coverage was expanding up and down the east coast] - short wait lines [lots of friendly tellers both inside and drive up]. Used to deal with them before moved from NJ -- was very pleased with most everything about the bank when it was Commerce -- don't know how it has changed since TD bought it.

6. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

TD bank has been mine for a few years now.

Haven't p!ssed me off, yet

That's about the highest praise I can manage for most businesses these days....

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Here in Texas right before the banking melt down there was some called Century Bank, but they all went out of business, but they were open 7 days a week

At the time I was kind of worried as I was doing the HVAC work for two large chains, I would like to have at least one day a week off

But the ones I worked for either left the state or were bought out, Gee I miss those days, robbing banks with a tool pouch

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

TD recently took over the bank I use locally, and it doesn't look like it's going to be an improvement. All of the good, older & knowledgeable help is gone, having been replaced by a younger, more "diverse" group. I made a deposit last week and dropped off a check re-order form at the same time. The new employee informed me that all the checks had increased dramatically in price...she just wanted me to know. I told her my account there is a "Senior" account and checks are usually free and asked if that was going to continue. She then informed me that although my checks were still free, they would indeed now cost me more! Sheesh! Where do they find these people...Iowa?

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Got a bank in our local Alberson market.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Very Interesting!!! I had no Idea that TD Banks were Canada based!. Even my local bank that I've dealt with for many years have got rid of all the older tellers and Loan Officers and the like. Replaced them all with the younger generation. As said they are cutting costs just like all businesses are doing in this economy. I guess seeing banks open 7 days a week is just hard for me to believe. It will be interesting to see if they all follow suit over the next few months??? break em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.