1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Savage99Stan, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I've been shooting a Remington TB since I bought it in 1972. A year and a half ago, just after my brother passed away and his TC came my way (he got it the same time I got my TB but he made more money than I did and bought "prettier") the receiver cracked on mine. Cheap stuff...300K plus and it had an inch and a half crack and a bunch of other incipient ones at the back of the ejection port. Anyway, my TB is a straight trap stock, his was MC. I could not get down on it to feel comfortable (fat cheek?). The wood on the TC was fabulous and I didn't want to cut it down.

Last week a friend at the club had a straight stock TC with a serial number within a few thousand of mine and wood that looked like it came from the same tree as my brother's. I bought it right, shot it yesterday and it did well. Only had time for one round after league but got a 23 with two "loss of attention" birds. Feels good, patterns great, seems to be identical in poi to my gun.

Now, after our club tournament, I'll shoot it all winter and in the spring maybe give my brother's to one son and my TB to the other one. I just have to be sure the TB doesn't see the new girl and get jealous before championship time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.