1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A list of the current taxes; does anyone even know how much we all really pay? How does the Government always need more to deliver less? How irresponsible are they? Why should we trust them in the name of the ?greater good? and to determine what that is? Why isn?t their job to give us more for less? Why is the answer ALWAYS more from us? Can?t we decide better than them what?s best for us? I balance my budget. Here?s their answer to everything............. TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    Capital Gains Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
    Hunting License Tax
    Income Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Interest expense
    Inventory tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service charge taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road usage taxes
    Sales Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
    Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

Not a SINGLE ONE of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
    & yet we were one of the most successful nations in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, the largest middle class anywhere in the world & Mom was able to stay home to raise the kids. As a result, kids got the needed attention from both their parents (because Dad & Mom did NOT have to work multiple jobs just to make ends meet) & they weren't out joining gangs, getting pregnant & shooting up their schools.

This country was so prosperous, it was the ideal destination for the waves of immigrants who wanted "a better life". It was the dream of everyone to live here in America

What happened?? It?s rightfully our. Lets take it back! The movement has begun.
  2. Pony Keg

Pony Keg TS Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Let me start by saying that you are preaching to the choir on this blog. I would guess to say that 99% of the people who post or even lurk here believe the way you and I do. That yes, we pay way too much in taxes. I for one am a small business owner who is keeping up the good fight to stay in business and not lay off any employees during these rough financial times. I also have NOT missed a weekly 941 deposit.

Here in lies my question to you. How do you propose we take it back?

Please familiarize yourself with the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

Article 1, Section 2, of the United States constitution reads as follows. "(Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.) (The previous sentence in parentheses was modified by the 14th Amendment, section 2.)"

Article 1, Section 8, first two paragraphs reads as follows. "Section 8 - Powers of Congress:
    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

16th Amendment of the United States Constitution reads as follows. "Status of Income Tax Clarified. Ratified 2/3/1913.
    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

So with this out of the way, I again ask of you the same question as before. How do you propose we take it back?

In 1913 we got the 16th Amendment and the Federal Reserve Act. Congress Borrows money from the Federal Reserve, which by the way is our central "PRIVATE" bank. Congress then spends all the money it wants too and it has the right given to it from us the people to tax us to pay the interest on the debt and at the same time more money goes into circulation and inflation goes up. There by you actually pay taxes twice.

Let us not forget that every man, woman, and, child who has a job HAS to pay FICA or social security tax of 6.2% and each employer has to match it with another 6.2% for a total tax of 12.4% of your pay up to approx. $120,000.00.
    This tax is really known as the Social Slave Tax. You cannot refuse to pay taxes because they are taken from you before you can even see the money. Everyone in this country who has a job is nothing more than a SLAVE to the government. You have no right to receive social security. If you die at 65 years of age the government keeps all of it but a $500.00 burial fee to your family.

We are all just SLAVES to the state. If you do not like it, I am sure the current administration is developing re-education camps for you right now.

They say that a child born today will have to generate at least an ADDITIONAL $250,000.00 in TAX revenue to the federal government to pay for the spending YOUR elected officials are doing in Congress.

There is NOTHING you can do to stop this. You should be a good slave and work harder so you can pay even more taxes to support the insatiable appetite of Congress.

By the way, let us not forget that 67% of the federal budget is for entitlement programs.

According to Benjamin Franklin, written in his auto biography. We seceded from the crown of England so we would not have to continue to pay the interest on the debt he ran up. No taxation without representation

Have a nice day.

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Feb 1, 2006
    You are so correct. We are all slaves to the state and nothing can be done about it. I have actually heard liberals say, "what freedoms have you lost". They can't make the connection that with every new tax you have lost a little more freedom and are that much more a slave to the government. I have even been asked, "why don't you like free things from the government".
  4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Why wait until you are 65 to start collecting? You can start at age 62. HMB
  5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

May 9, 2006
    Taxes. My house payment just went up $42 a month as of July. A few months ago it went up for escrow $50. But my house is worth much less if I try to sell it. Don't know how I'm going to keep up with approx $100 a month per year increase in taxes on property every year.
  6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Read somewhere that the telephone Federal Excise Tax was enacted to finance the Spanish American War in 1898. Did we declare war on Spain & Mexico recently? When are we going to realize these taxes are insidious and at the least, theft.

7. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Pony Keg, Not to be mean, but the social security death benefit is $255.00. This is a one time payment to the SURVIVING spouse, which means you must be married and only one of you is going to get that money.

Anyway that was it was when I was a funeral director and I don't think they have increased it any.

So you are actually taking it in the shorts a little more than you thought even when you die. :)
  8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998

I could not resist, sorry