1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TAXES.... Something to think about

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Political/?action=view&current=Taxes.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Political/?action=view&current=Hilbama.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Political/?action=view&current=Gore.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

3. autogun

autogun Member

Here is the problem with your claim. First, when Bush cut federal taxes he also cut the share returned to the states. As a consequence, my state and local taxes went up more than Bush cut my federal taxes. Second, Bush is bankrupting the country. Because of his policies, it takes two dollars to buy what used to cost one dollar. Last, while I hate to admit this, I could afford more nice guns under Clinton than I can under Bush. Under Bush, it's tough to afford to drive to a shoot. I guess I need to vote for the libertarian who raises all the money but doesn't spend it.

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

There is no doubt my federal tax is much better under Bush than any democrat since I started working 43 years ago.

Autogun's point that local taxes have increased is somewhat valid. While it has not even gotten close to my benefit under federal income taxes, all local, state, county taxes have gone up, services down. Even goofy permits and business license fees have shoot through the roof here in California.

There are billions of $ pouring into government, and somehow our elected officials can spend (or give it away) faster than we can send it in. That is the point where the rubber meets the road. Our elected officals have no clue how to run a profitable business, since they have unlimited income. Need more money, print it, raise the deficit, and keep on spending. If we did that, the day of reckoning is close at hand. For any elected offical, just another day in the office.

The budget process and spending has become one huge pile on, to where you can't tell what is being spent. I think we need to have term limits of one term, and an IQ test to run for office. Then we might have a fighting chance.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Autogun, I don't know what State your in (except "of Denial") but Ohio didn't increase even close to your claim. China and India were not in an industrial boom when Slick was in office, so world wide demand for natural resources wasn't even comparable, and thats what is causing the cost increases. The "environmental issues" proclaimed by dudes like Gore got this Ethenol gig going, and that has caused the increase in food prices due to the oversale of grain. What has the congress done lately to help the US economy???

6. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I think Setterman nailed it...!!!
    Joe

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am not pleased with much of what President Bush has done, but as Jerbear pointed out, he did reduce taxes. The tax reduction did result in an increase in Federal revenues. Most Democrats are not able to reconcile these facts.

Pat Ireland

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Yea! things are way better now.... get real.

9. porky

porky TS Member

Congress is already working on a tax increase package. I understand that there is even a new tax, a one time tax to the 401K. That is of course, in addition to the tax you have to pay when taking money out of the 401K. If you vote for Clinton or Obama and they win, you will deserve each other.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time trying to present facts to a liberal Jerbear, its a monumental waste of time. They don't think, they just feel. They would just like to blame Bush for everything.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

$100 oil, Record home forclosure,inflation, Worthless dollar, job loss,endless war, open borders with no protection or security for American workers. Fine job.

12. autogun

autogun Member

Setterman,
    I'm next door in Indiana. Our Republican Governor is Bush's former head of OMB, Mitch Daniels. Our county is republican as well. My property taxes went from 1400 to 2600, state sales tax was 5%, was raised to 6% and next month it will be 7%. State income tax went up also.

For you boys doing better under Bush-- Well I'm glad somebody is.

I don't hear anybody arguing dems are better. I'm disputing that Bush and company are any different.

13. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

She's a heffer all roght.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

autogun, the sales tax in Indiana was 6% when Daniels became governor. The reason the sales tax is going to 7% is so there will be a 1% cap on residential property tax.

If you like high taxes you will really like Obama or Hillary. If you feel your not paying enough in federal income tax send more in. There is no law agaisnt overpaying your income tax.

In fact just send in your whole paycheck.

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

capitol gains tax was way better under bush.

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

So you all think that is the Dems raise federal taxes the state taxes will go down?!!!!!!!! Nice dream. The fact is the Democracts are hatching schemes to tax anything and everything as well as a boost in Federal taxes. If you think the econmomy is stalling NOW, just wait until the Democracts do a hatchet job on it. Of course it will "ALL BE FOR THE CHILDREN"! They will give billions to dead beats on the dole, illegal aliens,welfare mothers, and social givaways while killing the working class in taxes! Oh yea don't forget the untold millions they will spend trying to ban guns. I can hardly wait!

17. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Here is an example how bad it is. I know a guy who owns his own small business. He made $43,000.00 in 2007. Now take out 15.30% social security, federal tax, state tax, workers comp, unemployeement, boro tax, gas to get to work, out of the pocket health costs. That leaves you with approx $31,000.00. Now take out health care cost $10,000 to $15,000 per year. Don't leave you with much? How about the poor guy who makes half this amount? I forgot the price of food is through the roof?

18. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Most states know the average cash-cow general population nobody knows nothing about who does what to taxes past what their pay check will cash out for.

Knowing this, most states raised taxes when the Feds cut them. Joe Nobody's check was $2000 last month, and this month --- it's still $2000 after the Fed cut --- the states just took it.

19. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Last weeks headlines;

"Tax Cuts Die, Pork Lives

House, Senate pass $3 trillion budget plans

Democratic-controlled Congress fails to renew Bush tax cuts, rejects McCain-led move for moratorium on earmarks".

Not only do the liberals want to raise taxes, they want to spend more money on pork. Thanks,,to the liberal controlled congress, which has a 13% approval rating.

20. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Hey Jerbear! Are you perhaps from Barrington IL by chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.