1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tax your bank account

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fraz, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

>>> THIS BELONGS IN THE OFF-TOPIC SECTION <<<

1% tax on all bank transactions HR4646

Watch for this AFTER November elections; remember this BEFORE you VOTE in case you think Obama's looking out for your best interest.

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP. Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646.

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks,
    credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged. ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction. ~If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged. ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank.. ~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Reintroduced under a new number by the same idiot, Chaka Fattah.

However, the legislation has zero co-sponsors, nor has it ever been supported, endorsed, or even acknowledged by anyone in the Obama administration.

There is already enough negative stuff in the pipeline without cluttering the issue with urban legends.

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Totally ridiculous.......I can't even remotely imagine that this is for real.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

HR4672 will also pay Flagarto $1.5 million dollars for payment for his years of dedicated service to the ts.com community.

It's on the Internet, you can't lie on the internet...

it's state law!!

5. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

And how is this shooting related

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I talked to my banker about this deal 3 months ago. He said it was a bunch of BS, and read me some bank memo. about it. It is BS. Charlie Henderson

7. perga1

perga1 Active Member

What about the tax on the sale of real estate begining 1/1/2013 that is supposed to be in the AHCA(Obamacare)? JRM

8. halfmile

It is in there but with qualifying numbers. I believe it's sales ove 250K.

Try Factcheck.org.

HM

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Oh puleeez. I answer phones and emails at my Congressman's campaign office. This financial transaction tax bill was introduced by Mr. Fatah over 2 years or more ago. It got NO, zero, nada co-sponsors on either side of the aisle. Surely that tells us something. It's dead.

When someone or some group send an email to my inbox, the FIRST thing I do is check it out before passing it along. Would that all would do the same.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gene, What about the tax on real estate opver $250,000?

11. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Setterman, thats mostly false also, link is to Snopes which explains the tax, won't apply to most real estate sellers. I never trust anything I read on the internet without confirming from several sources.

JohnR

12. halfmile

I never trust anything I read on Snopes, either. I have seen some items that were carefully explained in a fashion to enhance the left.

I use factcheck.org or truthorfiction.com.

HM

13. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

As I stated I trust nothing I read in an e-mail or on the internet without checking multiple sources. Link to factcheck explaining it the same way as Snopes.

I am totally against Obama and his policies and obamacare, however I feel that all the same misinformation that is constantly reposted on the web and thru e-mails just makes us look like a bunch of lunatics.

JohnR

14. 870

870 Well-Known Member

There is no new tax coming up specifically targeted at the sale of your home, as often gets posted here. The tax is on certain investment income, which could end up applying to the sale of your home, although highly unlikely. If you are married, filing jointly, and your only income was from the sale of your home for a $750,000 GAIN, you still would not get hit with it.

Better worry about your other capital gains, rents etc. if you are over the $250,000 level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.