1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

tax returns of Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Har3rdus, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Har3rdus

Har3rdus Member

I was flipping through the channels and came across the Rachel Maddow show. I realize that she is a flaming liberal. I often watch what I consider the opposition and hope to catch them in a mistake. I watch media shows from both sides of the aisle and listen intently because I believe that some where in the middle of all that rhetoric is the "TRUTH", and it is my job as an informed citizen and voter to educate myself and hopeful scratch out the "TRUTH".
    A segment of the Rachel Maddow show dealt with Mitt Romney and his tax returns. She put up photo copies showing segments of his tax returns where he purposefully took every tax deduction he could possibily take and not get arrested for tax problems. The tax deduction that turned my stomach was a 77,000 dollar tax deduction for his wife's horse that is competing in the Olympics. Is this true? Is this the kind of man that we want to lead our country? Maybe I can take a $3000 deduction for my two lab retrievers because they bark at the Fed Ex delivery person.
    Mitt Romney, if you or your staff is reading this, show me (US) your tax returns.
    True Blue and Diamond Hard,
    Harry
    Pennsylvania
  2. Har3rdus

Har3rdus Member

I want to thank the Mitt Romney wanna bees and Ralph Lauren for those great looking USA Olympic uniforms MADE IN CHINA.

If Mitt would have paid his taxes like most people, the USA Olympic uniforms could have been made in the USA by Americans.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
    Harry
    Pennsylvania
  3. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Harry, are you as feverious about asking President Obama for his college transcripts or the fact he applied for financial aid, as a foreign student? You can't have it both ways chap!

Rick
  4. Don Steele

Don Steele Active Member

Lost me as soon as I read that every deduction was LEGAL, you know NOT A VIOLATION OF LAW.
    I'll take a man who follows the law everytime over one who ADMITS he's a dope smoking-Coke-snorter, and REFUSES to show records from HIS past to clarify if he's ever done ANYTHING legal...since returning to America from Indonesia.
  5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

WTF did Romney have to do with the uniforms?

Get a grip, man.

HM
  6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Harry, one person's tax loophole is another person's legitimate tax deduction.
    It is legal to reduce one's taxes through allowable deductions. It is illegal to evade the payment of those taxes.

If you don't like certain deductions and feel that they should not be allowed, then work to change the tax code. Be mindful that you may loose one of your deductions because somebody else may not believe that it's legitimate.

A few questions: Why should I be more worried about what Mitt Romney does with his own money then with what Obama is doing with mine?

Also, why has Obama spent so much effort to keep his college records from the public?
  7. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Harry there you go again, You're going to very lonely in that voting booth this time. and make sure before you vote you give half of everything you got to your neighbor.
    Fraz
  8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

"A segment of the Rachel Maddow show dealt with Mitt Romney and his tax returns. She put up photo copies showing segments of his tax returns..

How did she get copies of his tax returns? Why do you need him to show his tax returns if the "Madcow" already has them?

"She put up photo copies showing segments of his tax returns where he purposefully took every tax deduction he could possibily take and not get arrested for tax problems."

If he didn't get arrested then I guess he didn't do anything illegal. That is like being mad at somebody for traveling 70 mph on an interstate where the speed limit is 70. He purposefully drove as fast as he could without getting arrested. Miserable Sob.

Bill Clinton used to take a deduction for donating his used underwear to charity.

There are people on this website who have took deductions for shotguns, shells, traveling etc. I bet that turns a lot of non shooters stomachs too.

Again how did the "Madcow" get his tax returns, and if she has them why is she demanding, that he release them?
  9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's great. Romney's tax returns are already public.

End of problem.

HM
  10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Bill Clinton took the most outrageos deductions. He deducted the "value" of a gift of his USED UNDERWEAR to charity, valuing them at 25 cents!

That's a Democrat for you.
  11. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob TS Member

If a rich person spends his money in the USA on US built items .... I have no problem. It's really not how much money you make ... It's what you spend it on that matters. Is anyone's tax return really my business!

Which is better? The millionaire that builds a new mansion in his US hometown using US labor, US material, purchasing from local stores .... or the guy who builds a winterhouse in Europe?
  12. bluedevil

bluedevil Member

If you are dumb enough to believe Romney or Clinton or Obama does their own taxes you are too dumb to vote. They pay large sums of money to have someone who is a tax expert prepare it. Grow up! I'm nowhere near a billionaire but have enough to have a pro do it, not one dime more than legal to this bloated, corrupt, incompetent government mess.
  13. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

First off, the "middle" between two lies, is still a lie - not the "TRUTH". Political rhetoric is seldom, if ever, that simplistic. CNN hasn't willingly told the 'truth' in 20 years.

Next, if that horse was kept and trained to compete in the Olympics, how it it's care and training any different than the housing and training expenses of our Olympic shooters, runners, skiers, swimmers, etc.? All Olympic expenditures and donations are tax deductible.

I'm more concerned about the 'special tax bracket' that the Pols, especially Ali-bama is getting for the profits from his two ghost-written books (pure fiction). Or, Hillary's table-levelers, for than matter.

Last, bluedevil has it right.

Kip
  14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Harry, what do you have to say about Romney donating 4 milion to charity and Biden donating 3 hundred. Lets see your friend obama's birth certificate and all his other hidden records.
  15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

ImpalaBob,,,,,why is it anyone else's business where someone spends their money,,,,,,did they not EARN it themselves and if so,,,,,,Is this no longer America where we have a few freedoms left???? And is it YOU that determines where and on what a person spends there money?????
  16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Is this Mrs. Keet under a new moniker????
  17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Another reason for the flat tax.

BTW...What makes the "middle class" the middle class. Anyone making under $250,000?
  18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Toolmaker, Wrong words to use on TS.com. Too late to erase them.
  19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wow Jackson, surprised you ventured to this section. Kind of surprised at your response, as I would hope this is not the first post you have seen of this magnitude. This is pretty much the norm down here. Jon
  20. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

At least he could show us some fake tax returns, for the time in question. Or even computer altered, generated tax returns from yesterday. LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.