1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tax on real estate sale

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

OK, boys & girls went to my local club today & I was told there will be a 3.28% tax on real estate in the year 2012, thanx to OBAMICARE. I thought this was BS, checked it out on snopes---its for real--Its going to do wonders for the real estate mkt.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

This subject has been discussed before on this forum.

So, here goes again:

If you sell your house for a PROFIT above the capital gains threshhold of $250K per indivdual, or $500K per couple, then you would be required to pay 3.8% on the gain over these amounts.

Snopes has a very lenthy explanation regarding this tax.

With the housing market being in the dumps generally (NOT everywhere)the average person shouldn`t worry. Unless, of course you live in a mansion obtained many years ago which you plan to sell. That being the case you are not average.

Thank BO for this. It was written/hidden in the mandatory health care law.

3. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Nothing is more immoral than taking one persons property and giving it to another.

In the immortal words of Ayn Rand " I do not recognize you need as a valid claim on my property".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.