1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tax Hikes

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by over/under, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over/under

over/under Member

Why are politcians saying they are giving millionaires money if they don't raise their taxes? Who is earning the money? How do politicians earn their paycheck? Oh wait it is givin to them by the peole who earn it. Before these idiots give my money away they should first realize where it comes from. We are getting in worse and worse shape as time goes on. I really feel for my children(25 & 19).

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

"The wealthy need to pay their share".

I wish the Dems would elaborate on the statement above. I remeber Ross Perot talking about the "wealthy". He said the wealthy pay very little taxes. With his millions and millions, his tax rate was only approx 15%. To have tens of millions of wealth, most of it is tied to Fed, State, and Muni Bonds...all tax free. So what if the interest rate is only 5-6%, that still can be a tidy yearly income.

So where will this extra money.tax come from...those that are currently EARNING their income. Some by working harder and some from working smarter. And now to have some gov't elitist come along and say you're working too hard or being too smart. They're freaking idiots.

doug

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

We'll have a VAT tax in the near future. I will take bets on that.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

5. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

NO NO NO !!! All the money "belongs" to the Govt. We are supposed to be happy when they allow us to receive 60% of "our" salary in our paycheck.

BTW this is sarcasm - Before someone jumps all over my azz.

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

ran200,

I do not presume to know other people's needs better than themselves. The wealthier among us, unless they've stolen what they have, are entitled to preserve what they've earned or inherited. I don't believe in class warfare.

Chichay

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

ran200- First, it is a family earning over $200,000 or a business collecting $200,000 in gross income. Why should one half of the families in the USA pay no income tax?

Pat Ireland

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Like it or not what needs to be done is a personal flat rate tax for everyone. Deductions only for house taxes, mortgage interest and out of pocket business expenses. That way everyone pays an equal amount according to wages. Some will have to pay more than what they are currently paying but some will pay less. Hits everyone the same percentage wise.

9. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

Ran200, How much of your earned income should the government allow you to keep? Maybe you'd be OK with an allowance from the gov. of say...$50,000, $30,000, $20,000? How much money do you spend to trap shoot. You know some people can't afford to trap shoot, and that's not fair. "From each according to his ability; to each according his want." Agree?

Now let's get serious. What gives you, or anyone, the right to tell any American how much money they are allowed to legally earn or what they can and cannot do with THEIR legally earned wealth?! The Ruling Class has no right to confiscate legally earned wealth from the producers, to buy votes to maintain their power.

We are on the road to serfdom! Let's stop this class warfare now, the Ruling Class will be the only winners!

Ted - Beavercreek, OH

10. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The bottom line is the goverment won't stop spending money. They could tax us all at 100% and still run out of money.

Stop the spending...

11. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

Amen, Joe Potosky.

Ted - Beavercreek, OH

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Ran200, they won't be getting a tax break, taxes are scheduled to go up Jan 1. Do you really want to increase taxes in a recession?

That money (tax increase) means the rich will have less to spend, they just can't print money like the government. If the rich or anybody has less money that means they spend less or nothing on a new car, vacation, new patio, etc.. And who will that hurt if they spend less? The people who make and sell cars, build houses, work in bars, maybe even you when you try to sell your stock in your 401K. Who you going to sell it to if the government took all their money?

I wish they would cut taxes so some rich guy can go buy a new motorhome and in 5 or 6 years sell it to me at a 1/4 of the cost of a new one so I can go shooting when I retire.

I wish people had more money so they could come into my business and buy something. The only customers I got now are rich and you want to take that away from me, by raising their taxes? Thanks buddy.

One final question. If they do go ahead and raise taxes on the rich, how is that going to make your life better, or even change it?

13. TC

TC TS Member

The problem with taxes in this country is that some people do not pay taxes and they vote! Everyone should pay regardless of their income, otherwise they do not have a clue when it comes to how tax money is to be spent.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, taking a page from the Democrats, perhaps the ATA should increase the membership and entry fees for trapshooters who shoot large amounts, and redistribute it amongst those trapshooters in need. No one needs to shoot, say, 10,000 clays a year. Surely a paltry 10% of that can be put into a pool for those who cannot afford trap.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of the first things we should do is dissolve all non-profits.....or.....declare all business's tax exempt. One way or the other.....the system we have now is discriminatory. All land, taxed the same no agriculture cauv crap. Let those that reap the most pay the most.

I would also double any gov employee's tax burden. We can not continue to pay double the pay rate to a government worker with tax collections that we, do not collect on 1/2 of the rest of our citizens. Their golden parachutes are going to have to be toned down to a realistic level that their employers are forced to live with.

We have made promises that we cannot keep.....we keep electing those that lied and made the deals......The treatment is going to be painful and it's inevitable. People really better be making a plan.....ask a steel worker how to survive without his union that lied to him......Ask the business man who had no tax breaks, no subsidies, no bailout money, no grant money.

I hear the farmers are willing to give up their golden goose to help all the manufacturing business's that are getting their asses kicked because of Americans addiction for cheap chicom goods. ROFLMAO

REMEMBER THIS CHRISTMAS.......Every thing you buy that's made in china, is one more step to you loosing your ability to survive......let alone prosper.

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

What the liberals(and the news media) are NOT saying is that the tax relief proposed(and the liberals oppose) affects ALL buisness, mostly small buisness. Very Very few buisnesses take in less thsn 200,000 per year! It will bankrupt them and destroy the ecomony if they are taxed out of existence! Many of these give jobs to MILLIONS of Americans!-- Another thing if the capital gains tax spikes up again there will be a dumping on the market of people trying to unload assets to avoid a huge loss through added taxes after next year. A lot of this so called "stick it to the Rich" mentality will absolutely DESTROY this economy! Go ahead libs., run most small buisnesses into oblivion and run the bigger one out of the country. You will be killing the goose who lays the golden eggs!!!

17. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

Ran200 wrote: "BISI please show me where it says Federal taxes will go up Jan. 1."

Reveals a lot about your knowledge of current events. Not worth the debate with Ran200. I pray you don't vote.

Ted - Beavercreek, OH

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gee ran200 what in the heck do you think we have been talking about? These Bush tax cuts of 2002 are about to expire 12/31/2010. That means taxes are going up Jan 1, 2011 unless something happens.

Let's use something simple like hamburgers. Example in 2001 McRans hamburgers were charging $1.25 for their McRan double, business was slow so their announced they were going to cut their hamburger price on their McRan double for the next 8 years to $1. For the last 8 years you have been buying a McRan double for lunch for $1. Do you mean to tell me that when you go in their for lunch Jan 1 and the price for the McRan double is $1.25 that your not going to think that they increased their price?? They raised their price a quarter a burger. Now they might tell you that they didn't raise the price any, because they will say it went back to the same price as in year 2001. But you will still be paying more.

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

ran200- I really need to know about the tax deductions you mentioned. Neither I nor my CPA knows about them. Could you please help me? I have more than enough work to hire another employee but I will not do that until the tax burden situation becomes clear. A business will not hire new employees unless that move will increase the profit for that business. Now I fear that if I hire someone new, because of government regulation, I would lose money with that move.

Pat Ireland

20. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

ran2000, it is obvious you do not know s**t about running a business. I have been running the same small business for over 30 years and I have yet to find all of the loopholes you elude to. Please help Pat and I. Spell them out.

I have managed to keep all of my employees for the last 2 years but keeping them was a heavy cost. We suffered over $400k in losses just trying to stay afloat but my business is a specialty business and good technicians are hard to find.

In the 80's we were paying 23% for a business loan. Those days are coming again. The government is going to raise taxes on top of that to pay for what the a**es in Washington threw to their backers. I say leave the economy alone. Cut government spending. Get rid if a lot of the government employees. Quit helping every 3rd world country that is in trouble. Throw out the illegals. Cut off welfare to those who can pick tomatoes. Those now on the dole can do without, starve or work in the fields.

We need to circle the wagons. It is time we protect our own.

I worked an average of 80 hours a week for 30+ years for what little I have and you are not going to take it. Where would your be today if you worked 2 forty hour a week jobs and save the income from one of them.

P**s on the bleeding hearts. Those in need should get a hoe. Our government is keeping the illegals here and it is hurting the Americans.

We are Americans and we should come first. Americans should get help starting businesses - not the rag heads and camel jockeys. Americans should get the first choice of schools - not the Mexican fence jumpers. Where the hell is the idea that being American is bad come from in the first place.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.