1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Taurus TCP738

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike2010, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Has anybody had any trouble with there taurus tcp738 380 pistol.Took mine to the range today and it misfired 15 out of 18 times,tried 2 different types of ammo,just wondering if this is just my gun or if other people are having problems to.Thanks Mike

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I used a dremel tool with a cloth wheel and some jewelers rouge to polish the feed ramp on mine and it works good, just a stovepipe once in a while.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not that the suggestions above are not good, but if the gun is "new" I would wait to tackle either of those projects.

Like a car there is a 'break in' period. For a pistol it might be 200 ~ 500 rounds to totally settle the gun into a normal functional mode.

Of the two methods the polishing of the feed ramp is the least likely to negatively impact the gun in the future. Remember, when you start taking metal away it is easy - now just try and put it back after you've taken away too much...

4. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Try a different clip?? mine works good.Perry

5. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Thanks for the above advice,the gun is new,it hits the primer very light,it fired the 3 rounds after they was hit 3 to 4 times.Gun dealer said that Taurus would fix it,just have to send it in.Again thanks Mike

6. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.