1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TAURUS' Slim 709 9MM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

TAURUS

Has anyone here tried the Taurus 709 yet, I have been reading a lot of good reviews on this CCW

2. WarEagle2017

3. trappair

trappair Member

I have one. I have only shot it one time due to the weather. It fed with no
    problems. I was realy supprised, the recoil was quite mild for such a small, light pistol. I forgot to take the adjusting tool so I can not tell you about
    accuracy, but it is not a target pistol.

Mike Ruggieri

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

We've sold a half dozen or so. One is going back with feeding/ejection problems. Three of the part timers at the shop bought one each, and one of theirs is the one going back to Taurus (problems with each and every brand of ammo). Too few of a sample to tell if it is a problem with the model. I spent a few bucks more and bought a CW9. Similar size, similar capacity, better finish and, I think, quality. Either would make a great carry gun. Mine was with me almost daily for the last month in FL>

5. Danby

Danby Member

I have a 709 and love it . It fits really nice in a waist holster. I have shot 3 boxes thru it with no problems.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The problem with any Taurus is resale is lousy...

7. WarEagle2017

Well I guess that I will find out, I went into a shop yesterday and Bought a 709 slim and it's litttle brother the TCP 380 I'll try them out sometime next week. Both have a very nice feel to them, also found 500 rounds of 380 at Wal-mart.... (380 ammo is like finding Hens Teeth, that was a real find )

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Sky Buster, you beat me to it. resale is poor as hell. If you want to buy a Taurus buy a used one and let others lose money.

9. WarEagle2017

Well I got to shoot both the 709 abd the TCP-738 I only fired 4 clips from each No problems both shot very good for the first time out now I will have to put them on paper, recoil was very mild so far I Love both guns, also found a Galco Holster
    Model Stow-N-Go inside the pants, STO286, it is made for the Glock Sub Compact 26-27-33 But it fits the 709 Slim Perfect, Cabelas about $$25.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.