1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TAURUS JUDGE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by peddler, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peddler

peddler Member

Has anyone bought a new Taurus Judge that has the new 3" inch chamber. If so what are your thoughts about the gun? Where can they be bought?

Thanks

Peddler

2. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Great hand gun. Bought the 3" stainless. Guns america.com or gun broker.com should have them. Little easier to get then a few months ago

3. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

There is a review of the Judge in the current issue of the NRA magazine. Got mine yesterday

4. pw1

pw1 TS Member

My wife bought me one for Valentines day. It's the 3" blue with the 2 1/2" cylinder. I love it. It will break a skeet target very well. Doesn't smoke them but it breakes them in lots of pieces.
    I have yet to kill a snake with mine but I understand they are great for that also.
    I keep it loaded in the night stand. I'm very impressed with it.
    Paul

5. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

NOT LEGAL IN THE COMMIE STATE OF "KALIFORNIA", ENJOY!!! JIM

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I got a Judge Liteweight, the model I got is strictly DA & I stagger #6 & 000 shells-can stop all local preditors from cotton mouthes to car jackers,etc. Another good reason to buy the gun, its illegal in Kalifornia. Thats why I own a FN-57,too. If its illegal somewhere. Its got to be good for you.

Lou

7. shaner

shaner Member

i keep looking atthem , fondleing them but havent talked myself into buyin one, just cant find a real need besides the want to play factor hahahah hey wait maybe thats it??????

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The Rifleman article shows it with a laser sight which seems superfluous, but cool. What's recoil like with a 3" shell in the wee beast? mike

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

I like that...if it's illegal somewhere, it MUST be good for you. Must kick like a mule, tho.

10. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I shot a friends.....5 with the .410, & 5 with 45 Colt factory.... The .410 was very effective on a pop can at 20/25 feet, & the 45 Colt hit a pie plate he put up at 25 yards 4 out of 5 times from a rest.... Recoil was not bad..... I like it but will stay with my Kimber 45-ACP........Pete

11. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Not legal in California?? Damn it, we have a lot of snakes here...especially in the State Capital building.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

another thought about the Judge, shot it in total darkness, after the first shot no one has any night vision---couldn't see the red dot on the Crimson Trace under those conditions.

Lou

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

I just don't see it as a good weapon.

Multiple projectiles make a head shot impractical in a hostage situation.

Muzzle blast/flash must be quite something. You can guess I don't think much of a .44 Mag either - at least as a carry gun.

With shot-shells, the average Joe will be more likely to "spray & pray" and not look at the front sight. I am an old school guy who still believes in aiming to get two shots center mass ASAP, and a third in the head as the assailant goes down.

Don

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Go to the Taurus site & see the video demo--In my opinion it is a close quarters one shot weapon--car only, that is where I keep it--it is not a carry weapon where three shots may be used.

Lou

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I presently have 5 models in stock from $419. to $499. but have not got any literature on any Judge that takes a 3 inch shell. I do have them with a 3 inch barrel. Six months ago I was told that they would have a 3 inch in the fall but have yet to see them. Jackie B.

16. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Shot one this fall, 2.5 version. Not bad shooting gun, but didn't shoot to the point of aim for my eyes, but that's the one problem with fixed sight handguns. Crismon Trace laser grips should solve that problem. Ron

17. peddler

peddler Member

Great information on the gun. I really appreciate it.

peddler

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I'm with dverna, I have a XDm 9mm that holds 19+1. Came home from a tactical training class last night and used that. Man what a gun, point and shoot. We did multiple target situations and had no misses at all. Needed to unload the magazine into a hostage takers head and after putting 5 shots into the closest target and 5 into the target in the next lane, we had to put 10 into a hostage taker's head from 3 lanes over and most guys had to change mags. I kept on going, changed mags and emptied 19 more rounds into the 2 first targets, getting used to the recoil guiding the lead from one target to another. Fun was had by all.

Jerbear

19. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Recoil isn't bad because of the short barrel. It can't be getting the whole charge burnt. I had one of those little side by side double pistols chambered for 45 colt/410 3" and it barked but didn't bite. I kind of figured that the gun more likely backed off the shot charge. Kidding aside, the 410 shells didn't penetrate enough to stick more than a few into some plywood at fifteen feet while a 45 Colt with a shot capsule did better. You want 410's out of a handgun, go with the Contender. The early ones with the 2 X 4 grips did kick. I have the new grips with panel now and they are a pleasure to shoot.

I think the Judge with 3" chamber and the OO or is it OOO shells would be good down the hallway. I also think the 45 Colt would be more "final".

20. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I had one in my hands tonight; 3" and blued. I take back the "wee beast" part on my first post. This is a rather substantial handgun, although I would prefer a little more clearance between the handgrip and the trigger guard + a bit more grip in the length department. The gun store guy says the smaller grip satisfies the smaller hand(s) of the ladies who seem to be buying more of 'em than his male customers. They can't keep 'em in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ca buyer bought taurus judge from em

taurus judge trap shoot