1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Taurus 45 Long Colt 410 shotshell revolver

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thinking of buying one, anyone have any feedback. It is called the Judge

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I like what I see and I would like to buy a 45 colt 410 but I will have to say I don't like Taurus at all. They are make cheap and resale is a joke. I do wish someone else would make one.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I've had both models and recommend the shorter barrel unless your are big and strong. I forget the actual lengths of the barrel but for me the long barrel was way to heavy on the front end to the point it was uncomfortable. I loaded mine with buckshot and was surprised at how well it patterened. At fifteen feet you could cover the 3 pellets with a large dinner plate. I think we sell them for around $449.00 in case you want a price comparison. Jackie B.

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Cubancigar, which one are you looking for? The 2-1/2 chamber or the 3" chamber?

I might be able to save you a few bucks

AJ100

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I just recently looked at this for a home defense purchase. I think it is worth wild as far this a nightstand/under the matress type gun. For a Taurus I thought the price was high @ $459-$469. To me it's not worth carrying or see little or no enjoyment of shooting it at a range. I'm looking at other options and ideas I have in mind but, if I can get it for alot cheaper than the price tag I was looking at I'll buy it for its intended purpose.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about a 3" barrel stainless

7. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Now that they have the Judge in an Ultra-Light, 12.4 oz---would think this would be a bitch to shoot being that light----Phil

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Is there really such a thing as a 2.5 " .410? I've never seen anything but 3s. Anyone shot any .410 slugs in one of these?

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Close your eyes when you shoot it at night, or the muzzle flash will blind you. HMB

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

I do cannot see myself buying anything made by Taurus.

The guns they made for Cowboy Action Shooting are not very good.

For a gun that will not be used much - it may not matter.

For a gun that you will bet your life on - well......

Don

11. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Great personal defense concept. Friend of mine bought one and fired some 2 1/2 inch 8s out of it at 15 yards it had a about a 2 foot pattern due to the rifling spinning the wad and slinging shot everywhere. John Ertel

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Dumbest looking gun I've ever seen. The cylinder looks like you roll out cookie dough with it. HMB

13. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Bob:
    I also have a Thunder 5. Built like a Tank and takes 3" 410.
    Before fireants we had lot of small copperheads in spring. The
    410 was great out the pickup window.

Doyal

14. willing

willing Member

Doyal
    Please explain your comment about fireants and coppeheads. We have both, I think? I'm interested!

Bill

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I checked and didn't have a stainless but was wrong about the price. It was $419.99 but it only shoots the 2 1/2 in shells. Jackie B.

16. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Have had a lot of Taurus revolvers and like them, in fact just bought an 85 half hour ago. My gunsmith, who is excellent and been in business for 30 years, swears by the revolvers. The new smiths are no better from what I have seen and read. The Judge is an interesting idea and I might try one myself.
    Dick

17. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Before we had fireants like we do now, we had lot of snakes, including
    copperheads. Now that firearnts are so bad, we have few snakes or any other
    ground breeding/raising snakes or birds.
    Doyal

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Cubancigar, wholesale is as follows.

2-1/2" chamber, SS 2-1/2" barrel.....$369.90

2-1/2" chamber, SS 3" barrel.........$409.90

3" chamber, SS 3" barrel............$395.50

AJ100

19. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Then there is this one. The Thunder 5. Build like a brick outhouse.

Rock

Jim

20. T/C

T/C TS Member

I have a 2" Taurus revolver in .45 ACP, fixed sights. Uses the stellar clips to hold the rounds. I'm very impressed with it. No matter what ammo brand or bullet weight, it shoots 6" low @ 25 yards, and it ain't my eyes. Everyone that's ever shot it shoots from 6 to 8" low. A real quality hunk of shit, best suited for a canoe drag anchor. I was a fool for buying this one, never again. Oh, and by the way, the Taurus PT 1911 that supposed to have all the trick gun smith work pre done on it has a safety problem. Taurus knows about the problem and has yet to recall the gun. My friend has sent his back to Taurus 3 times so far with a 3-4 month wait for return. Each time it's comes back from the factory, after 2 clips of ammo the ambi safe on the right side breaks and flops free. He's now waiting for the 3rd return, we'll see. Ya get what ya pay for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.