1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarus Raging Judge... When .410 just isn't enough.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Tarus Raging Judge... When .410 just isn

Monday, January 17, 2011

Taurus Raging Judge

Via GH&G ...

Taurus released more information on the 28 gauge Raging Judge. The new revolver, announced just one day ahead of the 2011 SHOT Show, is a steel framed revolver with a DA/SA trigger.

The Raging Judge in 28 gauge has a fiber optic front sight and will have a 6 1/2? barrel. The new Judge will be available in blued or matte stainless steel.

Overall length is 13 3/4? and the gun will weigh 67 ounces unloaded. As with other Taurus Raging Judge handguns, the grip has a red cushioned insert to help reduce recoil.

2. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Just curious. Will this require a tax stamp as it's over .500 bore being 28ga if its rifled. And if smoothbore its short barreled. Neat handgun, I'd like to have one but not sure what I'd do with it.

James

3. RAScott

RAScott Member

Now thats a car gun! Bob S

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

James you are one of the few guys that I now that are big enuff to hold that thing down. Us older guys probably don't have what it takes to shoot that thing very much.

Bob w

5. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Taurus = Junk IMHO. I bought a Taurus Judge and it might have been the worst manufactured pistol I have ever bought.

6. Brian in Oregon

James, quote: <i>"Just curious. Will this require a tax stamp as it's over .500 bore being 28ga if its rifled. And if smoothbore its short barreled. Neat handgun, I'd like to have one but not sure what I'd do with it."</i>

It's possible it could be discharged from the sporting exemption based on bore size, but BATF would have to rule on that. In this case it would be declared a Destructive Device, and the tax stamp would be $200.

If it was a smoothbore, it would be a shot pistol. That would require a tax stamp, which in this case would be $5. If it has a rifled bore, it would be exempt.

It would be a heckuva snake gun, that's for sure.

7. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Thanks Brian I wasn't all up to speed on the all of the NFA Classifications. Could be an interesting case.

Bob I've been shrinking a bit since the last time I saw you. But with target loads it seems around 1,000 ft/lbs of energy so it wouldn't be that bad out of a gun that size but still wouldn't want to shoot it all day.

James

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

On a cold and windy night you can hide in your bed listing to the branches rubbing against the house. But, never fear, you have the giant Zombie killer under your pillow. Yes, it's the 28 GA. Judge. A gun to be feared by all Zombies. Cause it will darn sure blow their heads, clean off.......And you won't even have to get out of bed.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A mini 28 gauge riot gun, now that's sporty.

Would be fun for indoor barn pidgeons.

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

These guns are poor solutions to a problem that doesn't exist.

11. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Most of the Judges that have gone through the shop had vastly oversize chamber throats and leaded badly with 45 Colt bullets. I picked one out a couple weeks ago that measured .454 at the chamber ends and am giving it a workout. Twelve rounds of old Federal lead hp shows some leading but not nearly what was shown in most of the others. I had written to Taurus about this issue but heard nothing back. There is no earthly reason for oversize throats in the 45/410 as the 410 is nowhere that big and the 45 should be held to 452/454 for best results.

Is this new thing only in 28 ga? I had read that the Raging Judge was going to be 454 Casull/410.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What about the Preposterous Judge in 20 ga 3"?

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Let me know when they get to 12ga.:)

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Okay, this pretty much seals the deal . . . Taurus is out of control!

15. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The Raging Judge in new guns on the Taurus web site is a .454 CASULL, .45 COLT, .410 GA.

"If you thought the Taurus Judge line couldn’t get any better, you have to see this. The new Raging Judge Magnum shoots the .454 Casull round in addition to delivering the same popular combo revolver of the original Judge models, and packs a giant 6-round cylinder. Besides added capacity, the Raging Judge features the famous red “Raging Bull” backstrap for added cushioning and will be available in both 3-inch and 6-inch barrels."

There's discussion of the 28 gauge on THR, and even a photo, but no one seems to know if it's real, or particularly how it gets around BATFE regs.

[​IMG]

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=567812

16. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

just get the 3in and shoot 444mags they fit fine . it will touch somebody

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It just proves people will buy anything if it has enough promotion money put behind it.

I love that commercial where the women is in the parking garage and she pulls this gigantic thing out of her purse and poses with it awhile and then the watermelon heads start exploding. No matter how big their purses are most women couldn't fit a mini derringer in there because of all the rest of the things they must carry much less that oversize POS. You could carry almost three 45's for the same amount of room.

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

I still cannot think of a purpose for this useless piece of sh!t...but the gun shops will tell you the mouth-breathers just snap them up!

19. Brian in Oregon

Shooting Coach, quote: <i>"What about the Preposterous Judge in 20 ga 3"?"</i>

LOL

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

And the

"Judge Roy Bean"...in 12ga

"Judge Dredd"...in 10ga....just in time for 1 last Rambo movie....thank god!!!

These probably wouldn't be any worse to shoot than a 470 Capstick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

raging judge magnum chamber oversized