1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarsal Tunnel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seymore/82, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

I do realize that this is a off topic thread but considering what is posted on here I thought I would see if anyone on here has ever had this surgery. I have numbness in my toes and ball of my foot. What was your recovery time and so on. Thank you

2. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I too have had numbness. Started in the toes, worked to the ball of the foot, eventually started up the leg. EMG results had the neurologist confident there was a tarsel tunnel problem along with some spine issues. Long story short, it turned out that he was wrong and although the issue is still unresolved, tarsel tunnel has been ruled out definitively.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Best of luck,
    Chip

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

My podiatrist made an initial diagnosis of tarsel tunnel for my foot problems. He said surgery was a last resort and was 50% successful, less than carpel tunnel. I wear orthotic inserts which seem to help. I was referred to a neurologist for nerve testing and he said I had atypical peripheral neuropothy. My nerves weren't making a good connection, which caused the numbness and pain, for an unknown reason. I have tried numerous prescriptions, without any success. Mine isn't getting worse, so I am just living with it. I massage my feet and am still able to walk the dog. Mark

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Gabapentin, low dose of Amitriptyline, Metanx

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I had cold tors and sharp pain about an hour after bed time but my feet weren`t cold . I rubbed Vicks vapor rub on them and that would help so I could get to sleep . Happened for over a year and went away slowly . Went for tests and they said a had slight neuropathy also .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.