1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarket Key-Need User Feedback

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barry Turner, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry Turner

Barry Turner TS Member

Our club is expanding. We would like to install a technolgy which automates the payment process for rounds to be shot. We have investigated a couple of coin-op systems. The feedback has been mixed. Presently, we are evaluating a system called Target Key produced by Long Range Trap Release Systems. User feedback would be appreciated. We are located in the northeast. Winter weather and moisture will be prevalent. Thx in advance for your help.

2. Barry Turner

Barry Turner TS Member

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

our club installed the target key system last year for skeet & sporting clays. we plan to add trap later this year. it has worked very well. we throw less targets and collect more money ? we are located in florida so rain is the primary weather issue and that has not been a problem so far..
    ernie

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The La Roue du Roy in Canada has the system installed. I want to say for at least three years. A year round operation.

The club is just over the New York border, I-87.

My wife and I are shooting a tournament there on Sunday.

I'm told they were one of the test clubs for cold weather use and may still be.

I've never seen a weather related problem.

One 50 target course is hardwired and everything else is on battery. They usually have 16 stations. I want to say they use a little solar panel at the station, but can't recall, but I think they do.

As long as the release buttons are working well, no complaints.

They have it set so each shooter signs for an individual pre-programed key at the office.

The key is programed with a set number of targets, the number programed depending if an individual or group.

I'm told they could of gone with an O count key and have it count up upon each target release, but they decided not to go that route.

You can purchase a corporate key with (I'm guessing) 2500 targets for when you take out clients or what have you. A bit of a discount...

I think lost keys can be locked out of the system, but I would not swear to it.

My wife and I share one key. Prior to shooting, a person inserts his key into the control box mounted near each station. It does not matter if he shoots 6 targets or 26 targets, they are charged against the key in the box upon each release of target, singles or doubles. The release is wired into the control box.

They don't use the key system for the FITASC parcour they have set up. Another type of counter system is used.

For skeet they use the key, but have it set differently.

The key considers a round, 27 targets (program as you wish). Again, my wife and I use one key.

I put the key in the box, press the button twice, once for each of us, and we are good to go, one round each.

If other shooters present, they go through the same rountine.

We normally are given a key for the two of us, with 8 rounds programed.

Sporting or skeet, you can see how many targets remain on your key just by inserting it into the key solt in the box. For skeet, a reader on the box shows targets remaining on the field.

I would recommend you have a plan of action for the times machines start throwing broken targets or a release starts to go bad.

At Waccasassa Plantation in Florida they don't use the key system, but use the Pro-Matic counter system. At the office your given the phone number so if you have a problem while on the course, you use your cell. May even be on the controller but can't remember.

Works nicely. The few times I've been there, it's been a two person operation. A lady in the office and one person on the course. He drives right over if your having problems. Open five days a week.

Hope this helps...

5. Barry Turner

Barry Turner TS Member

Thank-you for the feeback. Any other users out there?

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I talked to the person who is in charge of the Target Key System at the Roue this past Sunday. They key system was used for the shoot being held. We had a five man squad.

They were a test club for the system, but no longer. The person I talked to, I believe was there from day one and installed enhancements as they came out.

He said if your going to use the Key System for shoots in the North, to ensure batteries are at 100% just prior to the shoot.

Day to day not a problem, but on shoot day...

He said on cloudy days and on stations in the shade, he had problems during shoots (just the way it is in the north) and he just makes it part of his routine to check and replace/charge batteries that power the system just prior to the shoot, as solar panels on those days cannot maintain the power levels needed, if a weak battery was in place to begin with.

Says the crew at the Roue has it down to a science on moving and setting up the system anywhere on the grounds.

He talked about wiring used, connections, and corrosion (all solved) but over my head...

The box seen in the photos with a Plexiglas cover, solved all weather related issues they had initially.

He could not recall the last time they had a major problem.

He speaks excellent English and I'm sure he would answer any questions you may have if you gave the Roue a call.

I took a few photos...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.