1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by vanman, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanman

vanman TS Member

I have a question about targets for those that set them.

The question came up when I saw a person start a round at the #1 post and after missing the second & fifth clay on post #4 she started complaining about the targets not being true or properly set.

My question:

If an automatic set machine throws an illegal target on any post ( for sake of time-consistently throws them ) are the rest of the targets off? or When an adjustment is made are the other posts effected?

Still learning,
    Van

2. setter

setter Member

Yes and yes. If the height, speed, or angles are out of whack, all posts are affected. However, if say the right angle is out too far to the right, it will be evident from all posts but may be more evident from post 5. Look at page 55 on the above, it's a field layout in the rulebook and may help the visualization.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I also have a question why in the last ten years have targets gotten smaller

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

...or one, setter. You can think so from five, but you can _tell_ from one.

Neil

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If they are too high or too low they will be that way on all posts. If they are too fast or too slow they will be on all posts. If they are too far left or too far right they can be legal some of the time. HMB

6. setter

setter Member

Alf,

The situation with smaller targets is just like candy bars. Remember how large candy bars used to be?

Now, I have a question for you, "why is it that I always get at least 4 hard rights from post 5?" and at least that many hard lefts from post 1. By the way, this also happens whether Pat-Traps or handsets?????????

7. setter

setter Member

Right you are, Neil.

Jim

8. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I think everyone needs to get at least 10 practice birds before starting the 100 count. I don't shoot well just getting out the car and getting on the line.
    Just My Point Of View ; Ricky

9. vanman

vanman TS Member

Thanks for responding. It helps knowing what to look for and I have had the three or four hard rights on #5 and thought it was just luck of the draw or the machine did not like me and saved them for me.

Van

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.